No Limit 6.7 Intercooler Testing

quickid71

Reaction score
well this isn't the racing world. but thanks !

bigrpowr, why would you not accept an offer to have a more accurate dyno test done? I think his point is super valid. You're response to his offer seems a little bit arrogant from a consumer standpoint.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
bigrpowr, why would you not accept an offer to have a more accurate dyno test done? I think his point is super valid. You're response to his offer seems a little bit arrogant from a consumer standpoint.

Its hard telling how far away the guy is from him plus he will probably be charged for it. Like he said this is not his trucks dyno graph it is someone else's who is helping him test this intercooler. It was data that he was given and posted up for us to help show some sort of difference even if the tests aren't perfect it is nice to see something for gains.

jcain

Reaction score
The HP gain is fair, the TQ is not because we all know dang well our trucks make the Tq down low , not where the stock dyno was started. But as stated, Mike didn't do the dyno.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score

We are arrogant....all of us....didn't you know that? LOL

Interesting first post....my spidey senses tell me an IP check needs to be ran. lol

powerstroked08

Reaction score
By the way Mike that looks like a beautiful IC setup! Should sell like hot cakes. Especially with all of the 6.7 builds going on!

redwhitenblue

Reaction score
Lmao. Butt dyno ftw

Its true it isn't the racing world, and I certainly don't think I know much about diesel performance.

Our clients would expect accurate test, pre and post iat's, EGT temps, and certainly dyno results starting from the same speed! We consider that R and D and an investment before we sell a product. I would never try to sell an intercooler by telling my customers that it "feels more responsive and drives better", but if that's the standard for our $55k trucks, that's too bad!

I think the intercooler looks great, the welding and assembly looks really nice, and I think it should help achieve what its designed to do. When towing a grade, which is what I use my truck for, I would expect this intercooler to resist heat soaking, especially with a bigger heat exchanger up front. I have no doubts it works if it has a larger, more efficient core, so I'm surprised they aren't willing to accept a free offer to do some basic empirical testing!

Nothing to get prickly about, here!:thumbup:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Its true it isn't the racing world, and I certainly don't think I know much about diesel performance.

Our clients would expect accurate test, pre and post iat's, EGT temps, and certainly dyno results starting from the same speed! We consider that R and D and an investment before we sell a product. I would never try to sell an intercooler by telling my customers that it "feels more responsive and drives better", but if that's the standard for our $55k trucks, that's too bad!

I think the intercooler looks great, the welding and assembly looks really nice, and I think it should help achieve what its designed to do. When towing a grade, which is what I use my truck for, I would expect this intercooler to resist heat soaking, especially with a bigger heat exchanger up front. I have no doubts it works if it has a larger, more efficient core, so I'm surprised they aren't willing to accept a free offer to do some basic empirical testing!

man you must run a classy business , I don't need any help with mine. If you had any clue you would see

A. This isn't for sale yet.

B. I simply reported the data that has been gathered so far and saying that the driving experience (from a shop obviously far more experienced than you ) has reported.

Like was already said , lots more testing to be done . Try focusing your vast knowledge into reading comprehension rather than questioning my methods. what's your shop called again and what is your name ? Why in gods name would I even consider you testing when I don't even know you and I could care less if it's free. I know plenty of Dyno owners and my fabricator has a 224 with an eddy brake . So thanks but I'm good !

Last edited:

redwhitenblue

Reaction score
You're right, we run our business differently, and I certainly wasn't attacking your product. Its all good man.

dcswetman

Reaction score
So much want! I'm just gonna have to go back to work on the road to buy all the parts I want right now lol.

135Hoster

Reaction score
yeah I can't believe they picked up 10hp and 80ft/lbs just from an IC swap. This is definitely on my to purchase list.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score

What type of performance do you specialize in?? Do you have a website? I'd love to check it out!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Hmmm it seems like not long ago somebody said they weren't going for a big power build..............................

I have no plans to beat on it , just want a fun truck, and what about 900+ isn't fun ?

Latest posts

Members online