No Limit 6.7 Intercooler Testing

dseitler

Reaction score
I'm under the impression that boost is a measure of restriction and the stock cooler is very restrictive. I have sensors on both pipes and are recording boost lost on the output of the cooler with the 367 Turbo. I'm very interested in this cooler for flow alone. 100 Deg temperature drop would just be a bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm under the impression that boost is a measure of restriction and the stock cooler is very restrictive. I have sensors on both pipes and are recording boost lost on the output of the cooler with the 367 Turbo. I'm very interested in this cooler for flow alone. 100 Deg temperature drop would just be a bonus.

the cooler alone is right at 30% increase in flow verified on a bench, not to mention the increase in flow on the end tanks.

jcain

Reaction score

what are you seeing for pressure loss right now? ~10%?

dseitler

Reaction score
Around town and cruising I don't notice it at all. Towing I see it on a long pull and when I get on it hard like a interstate on ramp. About 10% when you first get into the boost hard.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Around town and cruising I don't notice it at all. Towing I see it on a long pull and when I get on it hard like a interstate on ramp. About 10% when you first get into the boost hard.

correct which would follow with the early findings that the restriction is much more noticeably removed at lower rpm. these engines are so efficient, that they really notice restriction down low . similar to the findings of the 5" intake , the results are strikingly similar. there's just something about removing all low end restriction that makes response drastically better.

sootie

Reaction score
All the huge down low power gains :evil Is that not the concern? Big Torque down low

how does removing restriction down low make it harder on the rods? im not understanding...

also-tuning is way more refined now, popping rods isnt near as common

jcain

Reaction score
how does removing restriction down low make it harder on the rods? im not understanding...

also-tuning is way more refined now, popping rods isnt near as common

Removing restriction after the motor (heads, exhaust, etc ) and before (intake, intercooler, etc) are completely different.

jcain

Reaction score
with a boosted motor, if you have an intercooler that has less pressure drop, you're allowing more air (more dense) to be forced into the combustion chamber in turn creating a more volatile explosion which is more power. Freeing up backpressure allows the motor to do the same amount of work with less resistance .

jcain

Reaction score
Off topic but how is 38 psi with a stocker different than 38psi with say an s467.

I've always wondered just looking for a good explanation. I don't understand turbo maps. I is dumb.
air density in relation to heat, overall cfm

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Off topic but how is 38 psi with a stocker different than 38psi with say an s467.

I've always wondered just looking for a good explanation. I don't understand turbo maps. I is dumb.

Are you being serious?

97stoker350

Reaction score

Bigger more efficient wheel= more cfm at lower speeds. Thus more more boost (restriction). That's why we have cams and ported heads and no limit ic and junk. For less restriction

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.