No Limit Air Intake !!!!!

BOHICA256

Reaction score
I went from the S&B intake to the no limit intake. When the truck is hot, in stop and go traffic, S&B with the box, the IAT would start to increase while sitting. So does the No Limit. Obviously.
While driving, I noticed a 2-3 degree increase with the No Limit intake while driving in town, and usually 2 degree increase from outside air to the IAT reading on the Mini Maxx.
The increase in power and in torque and not to even speak of the throttle response difference, it was insane with just the change of an air intake.
And yes I drive my truck every single day. No matter what. Year round. Out in the oil field, and the open intake hasn't allowed any dirt to get to the turbo.

I guess since you haven't listened to anyone that has changed over to the No Limit, for you to pull your head out, it would probably take you running the AFE for a month then changing over to No Limit to actually FEEL the difference. Since the numbers are already out there of the increase in power and throttle response.

If all you do is drive in town with your truck in stop and go traffic and all you're worried about is IAT then I would suggest buying an intake with a box. If you want the best intake you can buy, from the drive ability and performance standpoint, then No Limit is the answer.
But since NoLimit is "retards fabricating them" I doubt you would even try that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alwil

Reaction score
I'm referring to everyday daily drivers(most likely the bulk of people buying these intakes) not 1/4 mile trucks&did that intake dyno more hp then an enclosed intake without the help of a fan are there no differences in iat's?
Why must you throw stones at a logical reply and what is my education level mr. know it all.
I guess those things are used to cool the oil on all types of vehicles,maybe some will buy that theory just not me i don't jump just because others do&yes i look first.
I honestly could careless what people spend their $ on but to say that an open intake is as efficient in a day to day year round daily driver is hard to believe but to each their own.

I did this test with my s&b and there was zero difference in temps when driving, with the box off temps would climb when stopped.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ckrueg

Reaction score
I also monitor iats on my 6.4 using the stock intake with the lid off and the Temps were never 5° higher than ambient unless I was sitting for a minute or so. And as soon as I started moving again the Temps would drop right away. Oh and before I took the lid off I would trip the minder on any tune above 100hp but with it off it doesn't trip until 225+hp. Definitely going to be getting a no limit come spring.

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
I myself have have had zero good results with AFE. My 6.4, and my 2011 6.7 all lost mpg with AFE. Tuned or stock made no difference. Plus throttle response was not to good.

I have been interested in people's reports on the No Limit Intake.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Gimme a hammer...I wanna do it. LOL
lmao!
I'm referring to everyday daily drivers(most likely the bulk of people buying these intakes) not 1/4 mile trucks&did that intake dyno more hp then an enclosed intake without the help of a fan are there no differences in iat's?
Why must you throw stones at a logical reply and what is my education level mr. know it all.
I guess those things are used to cool the oil on all types of vehicles,maybe some will buy that theory just not me i don't jump just because others do&yes i look first.
I honestly could careless what people spend their $ on but to say that an open intake is as efficient in a day to day year round daily driver is hard to believe but to each their own.
such a moron!

swink and berman need to round up their brother...

live life full throttle

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
You're all sheep! Following the herder and not knowing any better! You should be ashamed of yourself buying that intake!

Oh wait! I have one too!

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Brace yourself,urgent news flash.
These types of cai's have been around for decades so try to wrap your tiny little brains around the fact if they were superior that the major automotive manufacturers would of been incorporating them into their cars HELLO.
Call them and ask them why not.

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Theres just no way to reason with some people,hey put a 5" tube on your factory box&retune it for it and tell me it doesnt produce more power.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Why not? Because whiny b!tches like you want quiet. That's why OEM intakes look like an obstacle course with all the extra junk added...to make them quiet. You're so far off base on what makes power it's not even funny.
Still waiting on you to show me a race car or truck with a closed intake. You know...the guys that want to make power and don't give a phuck about noise.

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
These types of cai's have been around for decades so try to wrap your tiny little brains around the fact if they were superior that the major automotive manufacturers would of been incorporating them into their cars HELLO.
Do you really think that what the vehicle manufacturers put on the vehicles are what's best for them?! If so then you think that a egr/dpf and all of the other emissions bullchit is good for the engine?

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Theres just no way to reason with some people,hey put a 5" tube on your factory box&retune it for it and tell me it doesnt produce more power.

I like a man that's has boldness....

But good grief man. Your lack of understanding key principal engineering faucets to a reciprocating engine are shining forth brighter than the sun.

Sitting idle the engine fan is constantly turning and pulling a volume of air across the radiator and passed underneath the truck. It creates hollow voids and almost produces a JT effect. I said almost. That bring said there is a slight ventura coming around the filter box area were it still receives outside air. Even sitting still. Now when you Open the hood this is all lost and you feel radiant heat naturally rising.

Chill man... if they want to put big honking air filters on their engines don't let your sleep be disturbed from it.

DWhite

Reaction score

Well if they wasn't superior people wouldn't be buying them and people wouldn't be spending time to design them and test them. If they didn't work I'm sure Mike and others wouldn't be spending time on them, they would spend the time fabricating something else..

Swsignal5

Reaction score
I myself have have had zero good results with AFE. My 6.4, and my 2011 6.7 all lost mpg with AFE. Tuned or stock made no difference. Plus throttle response was not to good.

I have been interested in people's reports on the No Limit Intake.

I'm running a custom short afe high flo filter. It's directly bolted to my turbo open. I saw a 1.5 rwhp diffrence on the dyno today with it on versus off.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Which air filter whistles the loudest because I want that one. Maybe I can get my truck in a magazine with a air intake on it.

Latest posts

Members online