No Limit CAI and the Elite Diesel CAI...

CMCx2012

Reaction score
No Limit cold air or Elite for your 6.7?

Who has what? What are the major differences in the two intakes??

Please don't let this turn out to be a huge pissing match because that was not my intention in posting this! I only want to learn the differences, advantages, and the similarities (if any) between the two products.

I understand that Elite makes just the one cold air intake, but how does it stack up to Mike's choices for cold air intakes? For example, I am led to believe that the Stage 1 from NL would be more for the mild/stock trucks, while the Stage 2 from NL is for the tuned, deleted, modded trucks. Correct? If so, would that then mean that Elite basically makes one definitive cold air intake no matter what modifications have been performed?

Last edited:

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
No Limit cold air or Elite for your 6.7?

Who has what? What are the major differences in the two intakes??

Please don't let this turn out to be a huge pissing match because that was not my intention in posting this! I only want to learn the differences, advantages, and the similarities (if any) between the two products.

I understand that Elite makes just the one size air intake, but how does it stack up to Mike's intakes? For example, I believe that Stage 1 from NL would be more for the mild/stock trucks, while the Stage 2 from NL is for the tuned, deleted, modded trucks. Would that then mean that Elite basically makes one definitive intake no matter the modifications?

Extremely similar product.

You have a Duramax based turbo set up. You use the Elite set up that comes with it.

There would be no gain and or point to put the no limit on, and you would have to fabricate a piece to run to it from the charger.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
I'm staying with the stock intake with a higher flowing filter until I change to either a 15 turbo or h&s kit. The intake does bring a nice improvement to stock tuned and deleted trucks though.

CMCx2012

Reaction score
I had the S&B prior to the build... I am hearing that this EDE cold air intake is really gonna allow me to hear that good ol' WHISTLE ;)

Last edited:

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
I had the S&B prior to the build...

I had an S&B before I decided to demod my truck a while back LOL(then remod it :fustrate:) But I thought the stock one flows better than the S&B. I did like the ATL whistle sound it made, but the no limit intake I am gonna wait on until more mods are installed

Last edited:

CMCx2012

Reaction score
I guess S&B intakes are an impulse buy for new 6.7 owners that don't consider all of the options available to them.

With that being said, my S&B is for sale now, lol!

tmk82

Reaction score
I deleted mine before i had the cai and I only have the s&b intake, but there was a significant difference in spool and in the sound. Im considering upgrading my turbo to the streetmax and will most likely go up to the NL stage 2 at that point.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
I guess S&B intakes are an impulse buy for new 6.7 owners that don't consider all of the options available to them.

With that being said, my S&B is for sale now, lol!

Well I had mine on the truck for almost a year or two. At the time, all I could get was either that, the HSP one, AFE, Injen, or similar. I think Mike's was about to be available and was being tested at the time. Oh well, I got a stock set of 18s in trade for my S&B so I'm not worried about it LOL. Was more concerned paying off all debt at the time of demodding.

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
Luckily, I held out just long enough for the urge to replace the stock intake. I got in on the first run Mike had of his stage 2 intakes available for sale and I couldn't imagine running anything else. The proof for me was in the dyno numbers before they were available to us, easy decision.

Keith

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Luckily, I held out just long enough for the urge to replace the stock intake. I got in on the first run Mike had of his stage 2 intakes available for sale and I couldn't imagine running anything else. The proof for me was in the dyno numbers before they were available to us, easy decision.

Keith

:rockon::rockon:

gfulton

Reaction score
I have elites and my son has Mikes and I see no difference at all in the filter. Maybe Mike's piping is a hair larger thats all......

wreedps

Reaction score
I'm staying with the stock intake with a higher flowing filter until I change to either a 15 turbo or h&s kit. The intake does bring a nice improvement to stock tuned and deleted trucks though.

What higher flowing filter are you using in the stock intake?

Latest posts

Members online