No Limit intake...what I saw.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
First off if anyone wants to call bullsh!t then be my guest...I'm just showing y'all what the truck showed on the dash. I couldn't care less if anyone believes it or not. I definitely concur with everyone about the better throttle response but I won't say anything about power increases because this was just my normal everyday 35 mile round trip to work with maybe 10 miles of highway and the rest 45mph side roads. There are no real places to get on it to check the butt dyno.
Anyway...before and after:

10982047_10204021156468897_3794127140679700674_n.jpg

1969330_10204021156628901_7565928849336718998_n.jpg

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Give it a couple of tanks, and hand calcs.

I doubt it will change much. ive had SO many reports of 2 mpg , hand calculated that I doubt its off very much. will it get much better? I doubt it. will it get worse? I doubt that too .

swinky

Reaction score
It's the extra mileage on the engine. Everyone knows you get better mileage when an engine gets broken in......

Congrats on the solid gains!

MikeH

Reaction score
Can you put this in better context for us all. The first pic shows avg MPG for what? Is this prior to the install and you drove the same route without? And the second is.....?

Just wanting to make sure we all understand a bit better and for myself having to put my less than 1k used S&B in the classifieds :axe:

Should be clearer.... do you have a before pic that shows your commute without, and then this one with? Or is this it.

Done typing, confusing myself now......

Last edited:

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Can you put this in better context for us all. The first pic shows avg MPG for what? Is this prior to the install and you drove the same route without? And the second is.....?

Just wanting to make sure we all understand a bit better and for myself having to put my less than 1k used S&B in the classifieds :axe:

Should be clearer.... do you have a before pic that shows your commute without, and then this one with? Or is this it.

Done typing, confusing myself now......

Even his fuel could effect the mpg.

Yellow1000

Reaction score
Makes sense to me. But a lot of things do, with my truck it's hit or miss on mileage. Some tanks out of nowhere it'll average 17-19 steady. And hand figure the same. Some tanks 13-15. Roughly the same weather, and fuel from the same station. If solid 2 mpg gains are to be had with no other changes then I'm gonna order one myself. With no other changes can you hear any difference inside the cab?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheBigNasty

Reaction score
Yes you can. It's not a typical whistle like I've heard in most other apps, almost like a supercharger whine. Mainly hear it in the lower boost/rpm area. Not much more noise in the cab, but def hear it sing outside.

mandkole

Reaction score
As long as the screen is reset after each trip, it would appear that he was not in the throttle as much during the route.

What I find though is that if you are paying attention to those meters, you often have a softer foot.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
All I did was reset the meter and drive to work and back...it showed 12.8
I reset it after the intake and made the exact same drive...it showed 15.1
I clearly described the drive...it doesn't change and I make it 5 days a week.
I've checked it multiple times before the intake and I've never seen over 12.9.
It is what it is...take it or leave it but that's what the dash showed. It's 2/3 stop and go traffic and 1/3 highway. Is the dash off? I'm sure it is from actual hand calc mileage but all I was showing is the difference the dash shows. If anyone thinks there wouldn't be a similar hand calc increase, you're entitled to your opinion. Again...I'm just showing what the dash showed me.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
As long as the screen is reset after each trip, it would appear that he was not in the throttle as much during the route.

What I find though is that if you are paying attention to those meters, you often have a softer foot.

Anyone that knows me knows I don't have a soft foot....hence my thread about killing rear tires fast. My daily commute to work isn't a phucking race track though. LOL

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
No but I've seen people post they saw an increase with this intake and others say they're full of SH!t so I snapped pics for proof.
Maybe I wanted to settle the argument...maybe I wanted to stir the pot...who knows....

f3502wd

Reaction score
No but I've seen people post they saw an increase with this intake and others say they're full of SH!t so I snapped pics for proof.
Maybe I wanted to settle the argument...maybe I wanted to stir the pot...who knows....

Its just funny, especially when we do all these big power mods to these trucks (which by the way are the earths enemiesLOL) and all we talk about is MPG's. I do the same thing. Ever since I got the CTS I can now monitor my true MPG and I do it just to piss the wife off. "So you mean to tell me this big tank gets 19.4 on the hwy and your flex does whaaaaaat:pointlaugh: She hates it and thinks I have issues

Latest posts

Members online