No Limit Intercooler and Intake Kit Pricing

Matt

Reaction score
What does the set up that clears the dual fueler cost? I want this set up, but now I gotta wait to see how the one piece design works.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure I can imagine the one piece setup fitting very well on a dual fueler setup. I think fitment on single pump trucks will be a challenge in itself. That's a lot of pipe and bends that now dont have the fitment flexibility of the middle boot. The single piece version will not be for dual fuelers, at least not initially.

08PowerSmoke

Reaction score
OK see what I was thinking was a one piece design on the CAC pipe with a v-band into your intercooler......Do the same with the hot side pipe. You could use a boot to hook to the turbo. That would get rid of 3 possible boost leaks.

I would want 3 bungs in the CAC pipe for my wastegate and nozzles!!!

POSSIBLE????? OR AM I NOT BEING REALISTIC!!!!

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Well all the vband stuff is going to have to be done by the end user. Another thing I'm worried about is in the one piece pipe, having no room at the core support for engine torque. What really worries me is the possibility of ripping the threads out of the manifold or getting a leak at the gasket. As well the pipe fit is gonna be fun for the person installing, as it's basically the type of piece that almost needs to be built on each truck. I think we're gonna build one and try it on a couple trucks just to see if it's feasible to ship out.

As for bungs, as many as you want.

NotStock

Reaction score
I really think a flex joint would be needed at the intercooler end. Without it, vibration over time will create fatigue cracks, imo.

idkillinit

Reaction score
As long as you had the flex at the intercooler I think it would be fine. I would be willing to fight it a little more for the cleaner look.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
As long as you had the flex at the intercooler I think it would be fine. I would be willing to fight it a little more for the cleaner look.

That's basically what I'm thinking. I think opening the core support up more is a must, but the ic joint will definitely give alot. If I am build one that fits on a couple trucks , aj it's yours.

08PowerSmoke

Reaction score
http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1022_1250_1306&products_id=1626

Agreed on the flex at the intercooler.....I was thinking something like this......

The VanJen Clamp System consists of 2 weld fittings (with O-Rings), one union sleeve, a safety pin and a spring loaded clamp assembly designed specifically for automotive use. Once the fittings are welded to the tubing, the union sleeve houses the fittings and is held in place by the clamp assembly. Once assembled, the VanJen Clamp System provides a flexible connection that can withstand vibration, movements along its axis, lateral misalignment and angular deflection (up to 12 deg.).

Last edited:

08PowerSmoke

Reaction score
OH....yeah yeah its expensive but spend 1000 on the intercooler.....500 on the cac pipe.....whats another 100 or so gonna hurt

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I think if I can make more and get Price dOwn a bit, it could be a cool option no doubt. I'll look into it for sure.

08PowerSmoke

Reaction score
Yeah I think if I can make more and get Price dOwn a bit, it could be a cool option no doubt. I'll look into it for sure.

Thats cool would be something nice for sure and a clean look too.....I would be interested fo sho!!

You ever thought about doing a hotside pipe. Something 3" from the turbo down? I am sure it would be a 2 piece unit.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Well all the vband stuff is going to have to be done by the end user. Another thing I'm worried about is in the one piece pipe, having no room at the core support for engine torque. What really worries me is the possibility of ripping the threads out of the manifold or getting a leak at the gasket. As well the pipe fit is gonna be fun for the person installing, as it's basically the type of piece that almost needs to be built on each truck. I think we're gonna build one and try it on a couple trucks just to see if it's feasible to ship out.

As for bungs, as many as you want.

http://inlinethumb31.webshots.com/47134/2802405410104632909S600x600Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb40.webshots.com/47847/2725088240104632909S600x600Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb63.webshots.com/49022/2577615680104632909S600x600Q85.jpg

its been done. no issues almost 2 years

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
What has been done? All I see is an intercooler pipe. You still have 2 boots.