No Limit Intercooler and Intake Kit Pricing

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
What has been done? All I see is an intercooler pipe. You still have 2 boots.

i was under the assumption,that you were worried about the reliability of a pipe with only 2 boots(not enough flex). i was pointing out a 1 piece ic pipe will not have issues.

as far as v banding? i would vband at the ic,and have a double hump boot at the elbow. that should be enough flex...

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
as far as v banding? i would vband at the ic,and have a double hump boot at the elbow. that should be enough flex...

this is what i was thinking as well. if you put the flex at the motor, the ic pipe will not move.

if you put the flex at the ic, the ic pipe will move with the motor. and where it goes through the core support is tight enough as it is without the ic pipe moving.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i was under the assumption,that you were worried about the reliability of a pipe with only 2 boots(not enough flex). i was pointing out a 1 piece ic pipe will not have issues.

i have a 1 piece ic pipe. we are talking about a 1 piece kit, from manifold to intercooler. flange to boot.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
1- Loosen the bumper on the driverside to allow clearance for the inlet pipe. The core is approx 2" deeper then the stock one. You'll need the room.
2-Push the cooler that is located behind the IC in a bit to prevent rubbing the core during install.
3-Remove the fuel cooler lower support bolt. This cooler is wider and the bolt will just be in the way.
3-Leave the lower mount off of the IC when installing. There is plenty of room to put it in when the IC is hanging off the upper supports.
4-When installing the lower support bracket. Make sure it's all the way down. If it's too high, the upper brackets will not allow the hood to latch.
5-Bolt in the IC but leave everything loose to give you some wiggle room when hooking up the boots.
6-I found it best to loosen the boot clamps from the turbo outlet all the way around to the intake elbow to make sure the boots can be clamped down flush on the pipes.
7-Start tightening the boots at the IC and work you way back to the intake elbow and turbo inlet. Everything will line up nice that way.

View attachment 4526

View attachment 4527

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12119

This is actual data from the first kit on the road. Nobody should expect a huge drop , nor any drop on a tune less than a 275 tune, because there are safeties built in. That being said , on the prototype we saw 75* peak drop on the Dyno with H and S 300 tune, and higher drops at lower rpm. People who run big tunes, tow heavy , or have a lot of fuel should see the most gain from this mod, not to mention the bling factor.

Last edited:

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
I just went for a quick blast down the highway. Roads are in rough shape so I couldn't stand on it. But my findings thus far as limited as there are, are.

Spool up is next to immediate. Like lightning fast.

EGT's dropped 50deg doing 70mph with a 40mph head wind.

Looks great under the hood.

Ill get some better numbers later in the week or when the roads clear up. Thanks Mike.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Great results Chris. We saw similar results. The combination of pipe and ic , removing so much restriction that is why you're seeing the great spoolup. My apologies on forgetting the boot, you will have one by Wednesday. Thanks for being a great customer to work with.

Wemoy1

Reaction score
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12119

This is actual data from the first kit on the road. Nobody should expect a huge drop , nor any drop on a tune less than a 275 tune, because there are safeties built in. That being said , on the prototype we saw 75* peak drop on the Dyno with H and S 300 tune, and higher drops at lower rpm. People who run big tunes, tow heavy , or have a lot of fuel should see the most gain from this mod, not to mention the bling factor.

Thanks for the input

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Nm. Read the pricing wrong. Thought the double weld was an option

Last edited:

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Nice. I saw the stainless polished price and was about to order the whole intercooler and intake assembly then realized lol. Now to decide what to do....i want the intake kit and have both cfm and dd elbows to sell and offset cost. Just gotta figure out inner cooler or intake now.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice. I saw the stainless polished price and was about to order the whole intercooler and intake assembly then realized lol. Now to decide what to do....i want the intake kit and have both cfm and dd elbows to sell and offset cost. Just gotta figure out inner cooler or intake now.

id love to have all your business!! piece by piece buddy!!

Ackool

Reaction score
Hey man seem ur products and as pointed out above great prices do u have a number I can reach u at I need to order the intake kit and intercooler as well as we have went through 2 stock ones already

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey man seem ur products and as pointed out above great prices do u have a number I can reach u at I need to order the intake kit and intercooler as well as we have went through 2 stock ones already

yep! call between 8am and 5pm pacific time. 805-732-6268 and ask for mike!