non deleted tuning, who's doing it and how do you like it?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
just like the title says

And i dont want to hear anything about just delete it already blah blah, i spend a ton of time away from home, cant just carry the dpf in the truck if i have issues, want just a little more power. Im thinking xrt or minimax with dpf safe tunes. Wanna know how long people are running it, dpf regen issues ect

let me know

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Been thinking of making this exact thread. Same deal for me as I am gone away from home 7-8 months out of the year... I would like to know also!

live life full throttle....
load it like a box car, drive it like a stock car..

135Hoster

Reaction score
KEF also offers green tunes for the H&S platform.

If I were you, I'd run the included canned H&S tunes until you get bored of them, then look into a KEF tune for those extra couple ponies.

I ran the canned H&S (dpf off) for 2 years and was plenty happy.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
just like the title says

And i dont want to hear anything about just delete it already blah blah, i spend a ton of time away from home, cant just carry the dpf in the truck if i have issues, want just a little more power. Im thinking xrt or minimax with dpf safe tunes. Wanna know how long people are running it, dpf regen issues ect

let me know

Best bet would probably be a spartan with DPF on tuning or a H&S street tuner with DPF on tunes. I ran the 125 DPF on tune on my 6.7 for 2 weeks had great 16-17 MPG it wasn't enough power for me though. (Ran the spartan 125 DPF on tune until the exhaust came in.) I would of ran it to retain the stock exhaust and the stock quietness though. that 125 tune actually woke the truck up a lot just not enough for my taste.

bad12jr

Reaction score
KEF also offers green tunes for the H&S platform.

If I were you, I'd run the included canned H&S tunes until you get bored of them, then look into a KEF tune for those extra couple ponies.

I ran the canned H&S (dpf off) for 2 years and was plenty happy.

Just to clarify do you mean "KEM"?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

RedRice589

Reaction score
I've been running it for a week and 1500 miles unloaded and it runs good I think I need to reload and do the trans tuning because it likes to shift like a grandma. When on hot it runs good and pulls a lot harder just dynoe'd and put down 420 horse. I drive a ton so I'm not too concerned with clogging the DPF it will regen more if you hot rod around town. But I love the lack of speed limiter when messing around. Wish I could do something about traction control....

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
my dad ran KEM Green tunes and H&S DPF on. the truck made as much power as DPF off IMO, and he saw a good gain in MPG. then slowly bit surely the truck took a dive in MPG and regened almost daily on the short drive to work. took about 10-15k miles to start happening. ended up getting no better than 10mpg towing or not. ditched his DPF and it all picked back up.

Eric@HoldersDiesel

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
my dad ran KEM Green tunes and H&S DPF on. the truck made as much power as DPF off IMO, and he saw a good gain in MPG. then slowly bit surely the truck took a dive in MPG and regened almost daily on the short drive to work. took about 10-15k miles to start happening. ended up getting no better than 10mpg towing or not. ditched his DPF and it all picked back up.

Eric@HoldersDiesel

Dont know if thats a problem with tunes as I know of two trucks from guys I work with that are bone stock, no tunes, and had the same thing happen and ford replaced the dpf.... they drive like old grandmother's on sunday and ive read about a few more that have done it tuned and not tuned. The guys at their Ford house claim that they do better if driven harder.

Daniel@RudysDiesel

Reaction score
Im currently running a minimax and 5 inch flopro dpf back exhasut on my 6.7 work truck and I love it it deff adds a good bit of power. Fuel milage isnt as good as it would be with the dpf off but honeslty its only like 30 hp diff from having dpf on or off, mine will be deleted when I hit 100, 000

Last edited:

jdgleason

Reaction score
just like the title says

let me know

I recall hearing "Not so much as an intake!" at one point.... LOL

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
Dont know if thats a problem with tunes as I know of two trucks from guys I work with that are bone stock, no tunes, and had the same thing happen and ford replaced the dpf.... they drive like old grandmother's on sunday and ive read about a few more that have done it tuned and not tuned. The guys at their Ford house claim that they do better if driven harder.

believe me. my dad doesn't drive easy from a long shot a tows heavy regularly. he had quite a few miles stock before the tuner with no issues either.

I would imagine the tuning be the only thing to increase it. he drove all the time on the race file. it got worse mileage right before he deleted it than it did when it was totally stock. nothing else was wrong.

Eric@HoldersDiesel

RedRice589

Reaction score
Im currently running a minimax and 5 inch flopro dpf back exhasut on my 6.7 work truck and I love it it deff adds a good bit of power. Fuel milage isnt as good as it would be with the dpf off but honeslty its only like 30 hp diff from having dpf on or off, mine will be deleted when I hit 100, 000

Exactly what I plan with mine!

sagebel

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Being military and constantly moving to different states with different rules for emissions testing I am thinking about leaving the dpf on this truck. Currently running a mini max with canned tunes. Pretty happy with it. I can't really comment on mileage gains since I only ran dpf on tunes for about a week on the '11 before it got deleted and the new '12 hasn't really left town.

Daniel@RudysDiesel

Reaction score
Exactly what I plan with mine!

I bought a full exhaust for when im ready to delete it but I made a adaptor to fit the dpf to the 5in exhaust pm me if you have and qustions I can send you some pics. It is way cheaper to buy a full exhaust then buying a dpf back and then buying a full exhaust

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Josh and jd. Forget I said that lol

sounds like it might be worth trying. My truck is pretty heavy loaded so that should help.

Can't remember the last time it did a Regen