non deleted tuning, who's doing it and how do you like it?

Motostroker

Reaction score
When I ran DPF on tuning it woke the truck up a good bit for sure. If feels a little stronger with DPF off tuning but not enough to justify removing it and losing warranty away from home.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Thats what i keep hearing, just want to make sure the dpf wont be a brick in two weeks LOL

i only started inquiring about this about 2 months ago... so far i have found that it can happen tuned or not... although i have read more and asked random 6.7 owners on the road about dpf problems and i found way more people stock then tuned and some have dpf issues and some dont.. BUT i also have read that everyone deletes the dpf as soon as its tuned... only a few people ive found run dpf on tunes and it still goes either way...

near as i can tell so far is that it can happen with or without tunes.. i personally want to wait some with hopes that others will try out the dpf on tunes first... dennis at strictly is hopefully going to be testing this theory soon.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
When I ran DPF on tuning it woke the truck up a good bit for sure. If feels a little stronger with DPF off tuning but not enough to justify removing it and losing warranty away from home.

That's pretty much what I wanted to know

looking now for an xrt or minimax

12stroker

Reaction score
If y'all run dpf on tunes for a while you will eventually crack the dpf. A buddy of mine ran dpf on tunes for 30k and just now did the deletes since he cracked his dpf.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Don't have anything set just yet hoping to have something before fuel fest next weekend

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Right. They do sound good deleted but that's not that important to me

I would expect you of all people to understand the damaging effects a dpf and egr intact do to the internals.

To me it wasnt about performance but more about removing the tyranny the govrrnment has inflicted upon the diesel industry. Im all for CLEAN ENERGY, BUT THIS GARBAGE is not in the name of clean energy but rather dictatorship.

I have OCD so I cannot handle soot being backed up in my engine. I would rather cough alittle! Lol

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I would expect you of all people to understand the damaging effects a dpf and egr intact do to the internals.

To me it wasnt about performance but more about removing the tyranny the govrrnment has inflicted upon the diesel industry. Im all for CLEAN ENERGY, BUT THIS GARBAGE is not in the name of clean energy but rather dictatorship.

I have OCD so I cannot handle soot being backed up in my engine. I would rather cough alittle! Lol

I do however there are many 200k plus bone stock trucks out there. It's not ideal but I'm not deleting anything

12stroker

Reaction score
My company truck is stock (153k) and just had to pay 550 for urea injector for the exhaust.
The exhaust itself has been fine other problems it has had was the fuel pump grenaded and took out the entire fuel system. And the truck is a job 1 build.