O2ShootTheJ's Build Thread

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Felt like crap today, never even went outside today so the fan will wait until tomorrow lol.

another thing is the HID kti that came with my depo lights is (I guess) wired in reverse because the hi beams and low beams are switched. Can I just switch the leads for them in the plug for the HID kit or is there a better way to go about fixing it?

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Felt like crap today, never even went outside today so the fan will wait until tomorrow lol.

another thing is the HID kti that came with my depo lights is (I guess) wired in reverse because the hi beams and low beams are switched. Can I just switch the leads for them in the plug for the HID kit or is there a better way to go about fixing it?

My HID's in my dodge did this years ago. Forget how I fixed it. If I am remembering right I think I switched what side the bulbs were and it went back to normal. Don't ask me why or how... but that did it.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
So if it's not my fan what are some thoughts on what could be causing it to run hot?

I do have a coolant leak from the top of the oil cooler so Adam is gonna take care of that for me later this week. Is there anyway to check the cooler other than cutting it apart? What about the radiator?

sootie

Reaction score
6oh radiators arent typically a problem-that being said-anything is possible

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Just want sure if it could be clogged up from the diesel getting in the coolant and gelling up.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
I've also noticed sometimes it will crank 2-3 times and fire and other times it wall crank like 5-6+ times before it fires

loboost

Reaction score
I've also noticed sometimes it will crank 2-3 times and fire and other times it wall crank like 5-6+ times before it fires

Does it do this when its cold as well as warm? Or mainly warm?

I'd lean toward a small hpo leak somewhere.

Man you've had **** luck with this thing haven't you

Powerstroke214

Reaction score

Mine does the same, hell sometimes you turn the key and to seems like it starts instantly, other times, well it sounds like a 6.0…

Does it do this when its cold as well as warm? Or mainly warm?

I'd lean toward a small hpo leak somewhere.

Man you've had **** luck with this thing haven't you

Hpo leak if it does it warm or cold?

Sent from the bayou.

sootie

Reaction score
Mine does the same, hell sometimes you turn the key and to seems like it starts instantly, other times, well it sounds like a 6.0…

Hpo leak if it does it warm or cold?

Sent from the bayou.
we have an 05 6oh that does the same thing-sometimes a long crank-sometimes not

hpo leak if it is a long crank when its hot

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Does it warm and cold. Adam put the dummy plugs and stp fitting updates on for me. Seems like when I cycle the glow plugs 3 times it forest right up but if only once it'll take long sometimes. Like the is a small leak somewhere and it's losing oil pressure or something.

It's not a huge deal I was more curious than anything.

Also I'm thinking that sense my leak I've been adding in coolant concentrate so I may drain a gallon out and add deionized water to see if that helps keep temps cooler

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
I don't get it. Stopped at a stop light an temps jump up. Let it idle for 2-3 minutes when I got home and these are my temps. What would cause this. It's like 65 outside.

ysu3e2u4.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.