O2ShootTheJ's Build Thread

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
:waiting for someone to come in and say I don't have to so I don't have to spend another $300:

:lookaround:

JMart

Reaction score
:waiting for someone to come in and say I don't have to so I don't have to spend another $300:

:lookaround:

FWIW my truck now and my last used diesel had miss matched batteries. I thibk they last longer if replaced together, but my 7.3 had one battery 6 years old and the other was 4 when I sold it, but they were needing to be replaced.

sootie

Reaction score
300 for a battry is quite high. I have always replaced batteries in pairs but they coat me half that. Remember-the six liters must have good voltage. Too much can be harmed by not having it.

JMart

Reaction score
300 for a battry is quite high. I have always replaced batteries in pairs but they coat me half that. Remember-the six liters must have good voltage. Too much can be harmed by not having it.

Im thinking that is for two, which sounds about right.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Yea that's for two. I guess i'll have to shop around. My dad has a corporate acct w/ NAPA thru his company maybe I can save some money that way.

Emery19

Reaction score
our plow truck has mixmatched batteries and it does fine fwiw..but thats the least if that trucks worries.

i repaced battries in the 6.4 in 2012 and it was about 200 and that was at the ford garage LOL. so id shop around.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Just tried it. Couldn't get the belt pulled far enough back to latch it with my bad shoulder. Guess I'll have to do it later tonight with an extra set of hands

JMart

Reaction score
I wish I would have known that trick when I did my egr delete.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
truck runs a lot better with the new alternator on. Tested both batteries and they tested good so i'm gonna keep rollin with them

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
I have like $40 in eBay bucks I need to spend by th eend of the month. The last $30 went to waste since I never used it. Any ideas? If nothing else I think i'm gonna buy my dad a new ford emblem with it.

Also, I read that you should put a ford tstat in these trucks? I got a stant from Autozone but still haven't put it in. Should I return it and go get one from ford?

Coxey Diesel

Reaction score
With $40 you could probably get a pre filter wrap for your CAI. I had one and it helped my filter from getting jammed up with random shįt.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
When I switch tunes from different tuners do I need to go back to stock first like with my 6.4?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.