Obs 38 gallon rear tank.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I was speaking more so of since the bottom of the tank isn't smooth. Cut a large area out and weld in a flat piece to bolt a proper sump to?

DZL JIM

Reaction score
I don't recall exactly what the bottom looks like, I thought there was a round flat spot in the bottom? Maybe it's not that big, I don't remember, but if guys are installing the BDP billet sumps in them, I don't see why you can't reinforce a home-brew version with large washers in the same spot.

If I can't properly reinforce that tank for a sump then I wouldn't sump it, use a large draw straw like what we've been doing for eons.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
There is a small dimple on the bottom in the centet, the rest of the tank is ribbed, so no room to use a "real" sump fitting. ....... Unless...... U use the plastic version but it only comes in 18 gallons

blaze42069

Reaction score
The billet sumps are too big to fit in the factory recess at the bottom of the rear tank.

That's hilarious cause this billet sump fits in this rear obs tank. :morons:

Attachments

• tmp_2zp3xp2-1373487142.jpg
    tmp_2zp3xp2-1373487142.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 216

Strokersace

Reaction score
That's hilarious cause this billet sump fits in this rear obs tank. :morons:

What's hilarious :morons:? Looks like in your pic that's a NLTD sump. If so, that's the only one that has ever been posted up that fits. And that was just recently. So get off your high horse buddy.

Glad it fits though. I'm still holding out for one with a 1/2" npt port that'll work.

old man dave

Reaction score
I have a pair of sumps with 5/8" straight threads/o-ring. Forgot just who I got them from but they were going to make the rest of them with 1/2"NPT.

Either 5/8" straight or 1/2" NPT to AN-10 adaptors are easy to find.

Wes Lewis

Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.