Obs 38 gallon rear tank.

bluedge8

Reaction score
Just ordered mine, I need to get my fuel tanks fixed,,,, neither one will draw down past a quarter tank of fuel left and it pisses me off I can only burn 29 gallons total

blaze42069

Reaction score
What's hilarious :morons:? Looks like in your pic that's a NLTD sump. If so, that's the only one that has ever been posted up that fits. And that was just recently. So get off your high horse buddy.

Glad it fits though. I'm still holding out for one with a 1/2" npt port that'll work.

No high horse here. So you know of this sump since you recognize its from NLTD, and so you know it fits and does exist. Ppl like me look to ppl like you with the high post counts and a reputable company behind you for input and knowledge. Telling ppl parts don't exist is false. Why would you tell ppl parts don't exist, but instantly recognize the part and manufacturer that "doesn't exist". Its just a setback for ppl when told by someone they trust on the forums. Just post the truth, not what you want us to believe. Sorry if your feelings are hurt big guy, was not my intention.

Strokersace

Reaction score
No high horse here. So you know of this sump since you recognize its from NLTD, and so you know it fits and does exist. Ppl like me look to ppl like you with the high post counts and a reputable company behind you for input and knowledge. Telling ppl parts don't exist is false. Why would you tell ppl parts don't exist, but instantly recognize the part and manufacturer that "doesn't exist". Its just a setback for ppl when told by someone they trust on the forums. Just post the truth, not what you want us to believe. Sorry if your feelings are hurt big guy, was not my intention.

Bold words from someone that doesn't spell out the word "people". Do some research before making your assumptions next time. Let me help......

My post in this thread about them not fitting was on Jan 8, 2014. There had been no evidence at that point that any sumps would work on an obs rear tank.

Now go look at the "Sump special" thread under Dyno Proven's section. Jeremy posted a picture of one of their sumps on Jan 24, 2014. That's the 1st pic of one ever being mounted to a rear OBS tank. Ironically its the same pic you posted in this thread on Mar 2, 2014.

So no, when I posted that statement on the 8th of Jan, it was not wrong as there was no evidence otherwise until the 24th.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Bold words from someone that doesn't spell out the word "people". Do some research before making your assumptions next time. Let me help......

My post in this thread about them not fitting was on Jan 8, 2014. There had been no evidence at that point that any sumps would work on an obs rear tank.

Now go look at the "Sump special" thread under Dyno Proven's section. Jeremy posted a picture of one of their sumps on Jan 24, 2014. That's the 1st pic of one ever being mounted to a rear OBS tank. Ironically its the same pic you posted in this thread on Mar 2, 2014.

So no, when I posted that statement on the 8th of Jan, it was not wrong as there was no evidence otherwise until the 24th.

Lol

live life full throttle

old man dave

Reaction score
Just ordered mine, I need to get my fuel tanks fixed,,,, neither one will draw down past a quarter tank of fuel left and it pisses me off I can only burn 29 gallons total

The restriction flapper valve on the fuel pickup has probably rotted away and you need to replace or eliminate it. They are located at about the 1/8-1/4 point on the pickup tube.

blaze42069

Reaction score

:blah:

bluedge8

Reaction score
The restriction flapper valve on the fuel pickup has probably rotted away and you need to replace or eliminate it. They are located at about the 1/8-1/4 point on the pickup tube.

I wasn't sure what was wrong but I knew I'd have to take the tank down to fix it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strokersace

Reaction score

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
I like the look and the ease and that it'll fit the opening. Been looking at one for a while now but I wonder how well the "x" will grip the inside of a tank? And its a 3/8" npt which I'm not really wanting. I have decided however that if I want a 1/2" npt, then I'll just have to drill it out.

I have the BDP Sump. Super easy install. I would highly recommend it.
It has a 1/2" pushlock fitting. I ran 1/2" hose from the tank to the engine bay.

Strokersace

Reaction score
I have the BDP Sump. Super easy install. I would highly recommend it.
It has a 1/2" pushlock fitting. I ran 1/2" hose from the tank to the engine bay.

In an OBS steel tank??? If so, we need pics!!!! As far as the fitting, what threads into the sump is 3/8" npt which is roughly the same size as 1/2" hose. I'm wanting to run 5/8" hose, so I want 1/2" npt threads.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
A32-66B8D55FCCB1-6225-00000C9156DD6F65_zps604a151e.jpg

Swaan

Reaction score
In an OBS steel tank??? If so, we need pics!!!! As far as the fitting, what threads into the sump is 3/8" npt which is roughly the same size as 1/2" hose. I'm wanting to run 5/8" hose, so I want 1/2" npt threads.

1/2 hose for suction is plenty big. 3/8 hose for pressure to engine is plenty also.
5/8 hose is huge. Picture your heater hoses supplying fuel to your engine. Lol!!!
Stock lines on a obs if I'm not mistaken are 5/16 including the selector valve.
My fuel lab pump would cavitate with stock selector valve until I did the 38 gal rear tank and did 1/2 hose from sump. Now it's perfect.

Krause

Reaction score

1/2 hose for suction is plenty big. 3/8 hose for pressure to engine is plenty also.
5/8 hose is huge. Picture your heater hoses supplying fuel to your engine. Lol!!!
Stock lines on a obs if I'm not mistaken are 5/16 including the selector valve.
My fuel lab pump would cavitate with stock selector valve until I did the 38 gal rear tank and did 1/2 hose from sump. Now it's perfect.

StrokerSauce, I gotta say I agree with Swaan on this one. 5/8 is beyond overkill IMO. Changing diameter changes flow abilities by radius squared; area of a circle is 3.14 x radius(squared). For example, 3/8 hose is .375inches, I'll normalize it to 10, so 3.75.

3/8:
3.14 x 1.875(squared)= 11 <-- a numerical symbol of what a 3/8 hose will flow, just for comparison.

1/2:
3.14 x 2.50(squared)= 19.6 <-- nearly double...

5/8:
3.14 x 3.125(squared) = 30.7 <-- Nearly triple.

Why need 5/8's? There's no way its gonna gobble that?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.