OBS Cummings swap

Idiesel

Reaction score
Nope, injectors and lines will go on tonight. I hope you're not busy this weekend lol

Oh good! Can't wait to see those high temp hot pink lines on the legendary Cummings turba diesel.
Ill be there to help!

Sent from my iPhone

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
LOL My dad talked me out of putting the lines on, Kylie has already complained that they're gonna get all chipped up, but the injectors are in and torqued down. Finally painted the valve covers last night, gotta track down the fan hub bearing today. Still looking for an industrial exhaust manifold if anyone has one...

Matt_P

Reaction score
LOL My dad talked me out of putting the lines on, Kylie has already complained that they're gonna get all chipped up, but the injectors are in and torqued down. Finally painted the valve covers last night, gotta track down the fan hub bearing today. Still looking for an industrial exhaust manifold if anyone has one...

I know your wanting to get this thing done quick and my engine wont be going in my truck for a while, so Ill sell you the one on my engine if you want so you can get yours going. I bead blasted it and painted it so its like new.

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
How much would you want for it? I don't know what they're worth, I've thought about calling around to some junkyards locally but I don't know if they're gonna know the difference between an industrial manifold and a regular one.

Mikeh1725

Reaction score
Also you can port match a stock 3rd gen manifold to match the square ports on the 12 valve.

Last edited by a moderator:

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a place to get the fan hub bearing? Dodge wants like $320 bucks just for the bearing! We've called around to a few places and looked online and no one else seems to carry that bearing.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361557698.995930.jpg

Matt_P

Reaction score
How much would you want for it? I don't know what they're worth, I've thought about calling around to some junkyards locally but I don't know if they're gonna know the difference between an industrial manifold and a regular one.

I've seen them normally go for around 125 so I'd be looking to get that

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
Colton (Idiesel) came over and helped me and my dad drop the engine in today. He also set the timing at 15.5 degrees, we've also been talking about taking the his old 181 delivery valves and running them. We're hoping to get the trans and tcase in this weekend.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361653484.003440.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361653700.095158.jpg

Last edited:

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
I left yesterday to do a little fishing and when I got back last night after my date I saw that my dad decided to put the tranny and tcase in. He told me this morning that we might need to pull the engine back out to massage the firewall a little for clearance on the last valve cover. He also said the front drive shaft was hitting the crossmember, I haven't looked at it yet but he said we might be able to raise the transmission a little to get the clearance we need.

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
Looking good.

Thanks! And thanks for the manifold help! After talking to a couple different people it looks like I'll be trying to flip the stock manifold, I've been told it will work, I should know once I get off work today and start messing with it. If it works maybe it'll be easier to convince my sister to let us fab up some small compounds down the road lol.

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
Well the other night I tried flipping the manifold over, it's close, but no dice. The compressor housing hits the exhaust manifold, I can't clock the housing either due to the waste gate actuator being mounted on the comp housing. I've been looking online for an industrial manifold and will probably order one today. I'm also going to call around and get some more info on what it's goin to take to get the tach to work, I'm hoping to be able to just wire it in but I remember reading before that It'll need a tach ring.
Click on the pictures to enlarge them.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361983132.909433.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361983146.815307.jpg

Lamont_24

Reaction score
I was reading a fuvkings swap on cummins forum (I don't like fummins so I call them fu*kings) but he got a spacer for the manifold/turbo and it cleared

Idiesel

Reaction score
Did you ever try swapping the exhaust housing from the original charger or no?

Sent from my iPhone

Latest posts

Members online