OBS picture thread:

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
Thanks man. yeah I really like it. It turned out good and def isnt to much.

Im in PA right now for college. Got pulled over last week for my tints. 5% all the way around cept for windshield. Got a warning ticket and was told to take it off and report to the station in town to show an officer I took it off. The officer that stopped me said your not allowed any at all in PA. (on the windshield or front door windows. Then online I saw its actually 70% tint that is allowed in PA. And where Im from back home in Indiana its 30%. so either way technically im "illegal". but all the cops back home for couple years never cared and everyone pretty much has tints. and they are all definately less then 70. So tommorrow im going to talk to maybe the police chief and see if sinse im going home in less then a year if I can just keep it. worse case I take it off and put like 15 or 30s on. Just sucks. Cuz I really like my tint.

You dont need to take the tint off UNLESS you are registered in PA. A PA cop CANNOT enforce another states Inspection policy. It is that simple

weareweird69

Reaction score
HA! Ive gone through the Tint BS.

Are you in Blairsville?

anyway, TINT in Pennsylvania is up to the officers discretion. YES, it says 70%, but Its honestly up to the officer's descretion, ive been pulled for tint, friends have been pulled for tint, ONE of them got it 7 times, in 7 days, so needless to say, he did a ton of footwork, and filed a harassment suit, won, cop was told to back off the tint.

YES, they will enforce PA tint laws on out of state vehicles. The way they look at it is, your in THEIR state, and YOU need to abide by THEIR laws. (just like the speed limit basically) This is straight from an officer's mouth by the way. Yes, its not right, but fight the ticket, at 5% youll probably just get the 150 dollar fine at the worst, you dont need to take it off. However, if your in Blairsville, be prepared to be stalked.

Its a very sketchy area on whats legal and whats not, but I know enough people that have gone through the tinted window game, including myself that I can play their dumb games too. In fact, a local cop here pulled someone over for having a tinted rear window, and gave them a fine. Which, there is NO restrictions on tint on any window except the driver/passenger front, and windsheild.

Fight it, and explain your there for school, they may throw it out.

back on topic!

IMG_9495.JPG

IMG_9573_Medium_.JPG

And working it.

IMG_9484_Medium_.JPG

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Like weareweird said if your not registered in PA then they cant make you take it off. Fight it because you don't have to pass inspection in PA so they cant do anything, they will try though (I never had any good experiences with PA cops)

weareweird69

Reaction score
PA Inspections have nothing to do with tint here. The Cop CAN make him take it off, but if he refuses, he'll have to pay the fine instead. I know exactly what cop he is talking about, not speaking for all officers, but this one is a real douche, ive had many a run-in's with him, and he has tried to bend the rules on me before, until I threw the lawbook at his face, and the judge was like, oh reallly...

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Not trying to argue but if thats the case then they can pull over every out of state truck lifted higher or the like, then PA laws and fine you or tell you to take it off

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Hmm ok thanks for all that info. Ill definately look into it.

But on the second thought. I really honestly can not afford that 150 dollar or whatever fine. I met some people here already that have said the same thing you have. And they say they just keep paying the fine. Well Im not gonna do that. This cop told me to take off just the side windows on my standard cab. he said my back glass and elbow glass can be left alone. So since Ill only be here in Blairsville for about a year Im gonna go ahead and keep them happy (even if he is a prick) and take it off. Soon as I go back to Indiana 5% will go straight back on. I do appreiciate the feedback and my bad on taking this thread off topic. If anyone wants to talk to me about it they can PM me. Im on here everyday. Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online