Offer too good to refuse?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
For $32k, I'd be 6.7 shopping.

That IS a nice truck, and clean ECSB trucks are a lot harder to find than CC

Im with you

I think i would have told him deal and been looking a new truck or a used 6.7 If you want a dd, You do have a damn nice truck tho

TripleE44

Reaction score
Ya. I think we all know I need to let him buy it if he comes up with the money. We will see what the bank tells him tomorrow morning, but they said they loan up to 130% in some cases.

My dad also has a stock 6.7 which seems to have enough power for me. I don't run bigger tunes on my truck now so it wouldn't be a huge change but I'm sure if I got a 6.7 it would end up tuned eventually.

How high mileage would you guys think would be fine on a 6.7? I'm pretty sure ill end up buying used.

broncof250444

Reaction score
The 6.7's come with the power, fuel mileage and realibilty off the show room floor...... 6.4's can't say that. They are also a nicer ride and drive from other yrs of superdutys and best of all they are still looking and testing to see the real beast it can be. Time well tell.

But working for Ford for 8 yrs in Fort Worth before opening my own diesel shop 6.4's were the worst and by far the closes to putting ford out of business in repairs than any other. There key was just to get it to last to 100k and we are done...... 6.0's I've seen us warranty those truck with 170k miles on them. I know doing some mods to the 6.4 help it but they are still limited in a way like the 6.7's are, just what ever your cup of tea is.

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
The 6.7's come with the power, fuel mileage and realibilty off the show room floor......

Do the 6.7s really hold a candle to the 6.4s performance wise?? I need to start browsing the 6.7 section I guess. I have a friend interested in buying mine lol

I only run a street tune in my truck, maybe I should start browsing lol

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
stock for stock 6.7s are wayyyy more powerful. race tune on a 6.7 are 480-500. and a street tuned 6.4 is like 525 range maybe.

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I'm a HP nut....

My 6.7 bone stock has left me pretty satisfied even towing my race truck.

Its not quiet as good as a tuned 6.4 towing. But its so Damn close its crazy. And I bet 0-70 with a trailer a stock 6.7 will keep up if not beat a tuned 6.4 because the Trans shifting is so good.

I have almost 10k on my truck now and still no desire to tune or delete it

Powerstroke586

Reaction score
I'm also really caught off gaurd with everyone wanting a 6.7. I thought they were windowing blocks with a tune!?!

What's all the hype about a 6.7 for??

Not windowing blocks but I've had two guys I work with lose motors because of bad rod bearings. The one only had 12k on it.

Stock for stock I would rather have a 6.7 but tuned I still like the 6.4 better. Hasn't failed me in 150k been tuned since 15k. I'd say let it go if you can get that much out of it

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Do it man!!! If he is going to give you $32,800 for your truck than I would be shopping for a 6.7 now. Plenty of used '11s and some 12's around here going for high $30's-low$40's depending on mileage. They are great trucks for sure.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I really like my 6.7 its a great truck, but just something else to think about he may be giving you enough money to upgrade trucks. But how much do you want to drive a stock truck or are you ok with tossing more money at the new truck?

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
I think we all have a number in mind when it comes to selling anything we own. I get EXTREMELY attached to my trucks and my 6.4L is the worst for that so far, but if someone were to off me my "number" I'd be 6.7 shopping. I would definitely be leery of selling to your friend. I had a bad experience with selling to one of my buddies and even though I went above and beyond to help him out when what he broke was due to abuse he still hasn't been the same to me since. Live and learn there I guess. By the way, I love your truck, I think it looks amazing.

TripleE44

Reaction score
I really like my 6.7 its a great truck, but just something else to think about he may be giving you enough money to upgrade trucks. But how much do you want to drive a stock truck or are you ok with tossing more money at the new truck?

Realistically, I'm going to be putting more money with what he gives me(if it happpens) just to get into the next truck. And more than likely will end up with most of the same mods as I have now. If I get a 6.7 I doubt it will be tuned for a while though.

I would definitely be leery of selling to your friend. I had a bad experience with selling to one of my buddies and even though I went above and beyond to help him out when what he broke was due to abuse he still hasn't been the same to me since. Live and learn there I guess. By the way, I love your truck, I think it looks amazing.

I'm very leery about selling to a friend. It is definitely making me nervous, even though I'm confident in how the truck has been taken care of and driven. There's still always a chance that something could go bad, and I wouldn't want him to have bad feelings towards me for it. I've kinda talked to him about it though, he assures me he knows I'm not gonna sell him something I know will have problems. So I guess we will see.

Today he will talk to the last hope on the credit union. Apparently the rest of the banks have been telling him it's either too old or has too many miles. Is an 08 with 97,000 really that old that you couldn't get a loan on it? Or maybe they just don't like to loan the majority of the money on something that old.

Scarlet_Nape

Reaction score
I'm very leery about selling to a friend. It is definitely making me nervous, even though I'm confident in how the truck has been taken care of and driven. There's still always a chance that something could go bad, and I wouldn't want him to have bad feelings towards me for it. I've kinda talked to him about it though, he assures me he knows I'm not gonna sell him something I know will have problems. So I guess we will see.

Today he will talk to the last hope on the credit union. Apparently the rest of the banks have been telling him it's either too old or has too many miles. Is an 08 with 97,000 really that old that you couldn't get a loan on it? Or maybe they just don't like to loan the majority of the money on something that old.

It's win/win for you. If he gets the loan, you'll get a new 6.7 and never look back. If not, you'll keep the truck that you currently love, and will still be happy. I don't see the downside, for you. ;)

MINK

Reaction score
Realistically, I'm going to be putting more money with what he gives me(if it happpens) just to get into the next truck. And more than likely will end up with most of the same mods as I have now. If I get a 6.7 I doubt it will be tuned for a while though.

I just refied mine acouple months back, its a 08 with 90k and had no issues.

TripleE44

Reaction score
It's win/win for you. If he gets the loan, you'll get a new 6.7 and never look back. If not, you'll keep the truck that you currently love, and will still be happy. I don't see the downside, for you. ;)

Yep, pretty much what I'm thinking

I just refied mine acouple months back, its a 08 with 90k and had no issues.

Interesting.... I guess some banks have different criteria for what they'll loan on?...

Latest posts

Members online