Oil cooler leaking on cold start

Texan6Seven

Reaction score
Has anyone had to deal with this? We had a cold snap a few weeks ago and ever since then when I come out first thing in the morning and start the truck, it leaks for 1-2 mins then stops. I’ve bought the four gaskets it calls for but can’t find the procedure for R/R. I know the oil pan has to come off to get to the bolt inside the upper oil pan. Just want to have all my ducks in a row as this is my only ride. Thanks

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
What year is the truck?

I haven't seen many oil coolers leak, but if its an 11-14, the turbo fittings like to piss fairly often. Ive also done more than my fair share of rear mains on these, which would make a little more sense being temp related. But its kimda hard to confuse a rear main leak with an oil cooler leak.

As for the procedure to do it, it may or may not have the bolt inside the pan. Drain the coolant, drain the oil, remove hoses and bolts and remove. Personally id see if it comes off without pulling the pan first, but I also like to let silicone dry overnight before putting oil in, so ot being your daily would put it out another day.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk