OIL FILTER STUCK ON!!!

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Well it is the never ending chit hole now! It started raining have the oil filter part attached to the cooler now the hard part. How do I reattach the cooler to the front part with the cross member and power steering in the way.
20140413_094128_zpsk5wdxgww.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]:biggun::fustrate::cursing:

dthompson

Reaction score
^X2. You will never get the oil cooler back together still attached to the truck. I've had a hell of a time getting it back together on the bench before. Just remove it and get the rebuild kit.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I'm sure it won't help but I just did mine in 25 minutes which included splashing hot oil on myself and washing it off. Good luck.

Posted from ***itville, USA

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
It is almost back together have 1/8" to line the bolts up and the gasket for the backside. It also does not help 40 degrees and raining off and one does the cold effect it at all?

ghohouston

Reaction score
I replaced my obs oil cooler at work in identical weather, laying on rocks. It sucked. Just keep trying, don't give up and you'll get it.

Arisley

Reaction score
Good luck. Put grease on the o rings. Clamp it together wifh a bar clamp. Make sure your alignment notches are lined up.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

David N

Reaction score
I almost want to think the OP originally was actually tightening the oil filter by accident in the beginning, tightened the hell out of it and then realized that he was going the wrong way. LOL

Hence why it was damn tight.

DocBar

Reaction score
I almost want to think the OP originally was actually tightening the oil filter by accident in the beginning, tightened the hell out of it and then realized that he was going the wrong way. LOL

Jiffy Lube should definitely be in this guy's future. lol

01PSD

Reaction score
How does that get cross threaded? It goes on easy as $hit..... if it aint gliding on like butter... its cross threaded.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score

Hey homo I have done this before.LOLLOLLOLLOL

dsberman94

Reaction score
There is an oil cooler rebuild/ reseal kit you need to buy. Which people said in this thread. Also easier to take the whole thing off then reinstall it as a whole.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
There is an oil cooler rebuild/ reseal kit you need to buy. Which people said in this thread. Also easier to take the whole thing off then reinstall it as a whole.

Well buddy that is what I ended up doing:thumbup::flipa:
added 15QT oil and added coolant back less then came out to allow air out of system.
in 30 sec idle loud pop then spray from cap everywhere oil/coolant in pan and reservoir.

Latest posts

Members online