OIL FILTER STUCK ON!!!

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Urgent update!!!!
Purchased a chain vise vise grip last night gave it hell for 10 mins this morning started tearing the upper part of the oil filter by the cooler it is become a mission now someone is getting a bill, smart ass video on oil change procedures, choke slammed and a ax in there truck door. I am beyond pissed right now.
20140412_094025_zpsfpgjjtrz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20140412_094023_zpsj98cg6zi.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20140412_094013_zpsvlnsq5ui.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20140412_094005_zpsyrhnebxf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Okay so my brother wants to cut the filter on the truck attached to the oil cooler the use a hammer screw diver combo I say NOOOO! pull the back part off rebuild kit in a vise.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Could have had it out, on a bench, repaired and back on the truck by now.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

He refuses to do that he says I know more I am more blah blah blah I say it is the correct way it is being done that way now.

Arisley

Reaction score
OK, I now vote for the post that said seal it back up. Mix some JB Weld, a lot of it. Cover the filter with it. Wait two hours, fill it with oil. Drive immediately to the dealer and trade the truck in. Trade it in on something that does not require oil.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
OK, I now vote for the post that said seal it back up. Mix some JB Weld, a lot of it. Cover the filter with it. Wait two hours, fill it with oil. Drive immediately to the dealer and trade the truck in. Trade it in on something that does not require oil.

Every tool box requires two JB weld two rtv three rolls duct tape a bunch of bailing wire you can fix almost anything.

How much coolant should I expect to lose also I just got the truck Wednesday.

Jomax

Reaction score
Every tool box requires two JB weld two rtv three rolls duct tape a bunch of bailing wire you can fix almost anything.

How much coolant should I expect to lose also I just got the truck Wednesday.

The guy probably sold it because he couldn't get the filter off.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mudslinger02

Reaction score
Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, BUT with the way the filter is dented and how the wrench is on there, it almost looks like you're turning it the wrong way. Makes it look like you're tightening it

Jomax

Reaction score
I bought it at a dealer and they did a fresh oil change the day before.

Then, they should have that oil change on file and the tech that did it. Ask for the guys name and pay him a visit.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, BUT with the way the filter is dented and how the wrench is on there, it almost looks like you're turning it the wrong way. Makes it look like you're tightening it

It is the angle I took the pictures at.

mandkole

Reaction score
X3...

Damn man, based on that pic, there is no way its coming off... you are tightening it. Turn the wrench around.

Latest posts

Members online