Oil leak help!!!!

7.3ornothin

Reaction score
Hey guys I got a nice oil leak coming from what looks like the back drivers side of my motor I know it's not the rear main seal but I have considered the turbo oring but just wanted to see if there might be anything else causing the leak any help is greatly appreciated thanks

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
How bad is the leak? Or is it more of a seep? Ebpv, oil rail plugs on top of head or at the rear of the head...

live life full throttle

kramarj

Reaction score
Possibly oil cooler? It is on the drivers side. I just fixed the oil cooler on our work truck and it dripped off of the front axle, but everything, I mean everything on the drivers side was coated in oil, quite messy.

Other than that I would think the oil rail plug, like stated. One of them let loose on our work truck, it just poured oil. I am sure they can just leak a little bit though.

Your best bet is to degrease the area where it is leaking and let it run so that it leaks and find the wet spot. Or you could use dye in your oil, not sure where you get it though. You also need a light to illuminate the dye. That is what the place that works on our truck uses to find oil leaks.

nasty6.6

Reaction score
I have a leak on the top of mine as well towards the back and my hpx crossover line is soaked so im guessing thats it.

7.3ornothin

Reaction score
It's more of a steady leak enough to have to add a gallon every week and a half gunna check it out today hope fully the oil rail plugs are just leaking I've checked my oil cooler it's not how could it be the ebpv Iam still new to this motor I have only had to do work to the fuel system this is the first oil leak I have tried to diagnose on a 7.3

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Holy chit!! Thats a pretty good leak then.. check the valley over real good and start there. Ebpv rod that actuates the valve is oring sealed. Over time it can seep from there.. never heard of one blowing and leaking that much oil..

live life full throttle

Pstroke96

Reaction score
it could also be coming from the stc fittings on the hpop or the ipr valve as well, with these engines you have to start from the top with an oil leak

Latest posts

Members online