Oil Oil Oil

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
We like Schaeffers products here, seems to work really well in high sheer conditions like HEUI systems. The additive we put in has all the moly and other agents used in the 7000 but in a highly concentrated dose so we pretty much turned his Rotella into Schaeffers by adding 3 pints of the EP to it.

Ccorbin, not sure if oil would have any effect on drivability on a 6.4 since its not used in the injection system. I would still reccomend you change to some other oil because Rotella has caused so many issues that I have seen come through our shop.

Cool. Thanks man.

skew12

Reaction score
Is this in reference to T6? It doesn't seem bad to me at all. Then again I'm no diesel tech.

Layson

Reaction score
Bean, was he running rotella synthetic or just the standard rotella 15-40?

duddy

Reaction score
my 6.0 and now 6.4, along with my brothers 7.3 have been running good on valvoline extreme blue 5w-40. I know alot of cummins and duramax guys have switched to this lately also.

Tom S

Reaction score
ConocoPhillips blends Motorcraft oil and it's average synthetic oil at best.

The Dyno Motorcraft Oil here locally comes from the local Conoco/Phillips refinery. I have had good luck with it cars and truck. Internals of my beater looked good with a bunch of miles with that oil.

BDP Sales

Reaction score
why does beans sell oil in 12qt packs? i need 15/16 qts.

That's the way Schaeffers packages it. If you want to order an odd number of qt's just give us a call and we'll get you taken care of.
We also carry oil samples for those running Schaeffers that want their oil tested. They will give you an itemized list of what all is found, and what intervals is recommended for your specific engine/oil.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I have always had really good luck with Delo 400. The current oil in my truck is Valvoline Extreme Blue 15w40 and it seems to be pretty good. This past oil change was the second time my truck has ever seen anything other than Delo. The only other time was when it rolled out of the factory.

The truck has 239,073 original miles on it with the stock HPOP and stock injectors. I would say I am pretty impressed with Delo so far.

Supersize

Reaction score
My dad and I have switched to a synthetic 30 weight motor oil in our cat diesels with good luck. Getting over 100,000 miles between oil changes. Smooth idle, good preasure, easier cold starts and a little help with gas mileage. Have not ran the oil in my 7.3 yet, but have the 5-30 sitting on the shelf for the next oil change.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Hmmm... Even after I got live tuned I still have this idle issue as well.

I use Cat DEO 15w40. Ive thought about switching, but my oil is free lol..

Ive also herd its not good switching from syn back to dino, so I didnt wanna try it and have it do nothing and now I gotta pay for oil changes.

Reaction score
Just give the Schaeffer's 15-40 syn blend 7000 a try for one oil change. Do a oil sample with the oil you are running now and do one after the schaeffer's. Or just buy the Schaeffer's moly additive.

TARM

Reaction score
I have been swearing off Craptella for a VERY long time. Early on I recall it being one of the only syn oils you could use with atvs as they ran wet clutches. It was one of the only main stream (as oppose to atv specific) syn oils that did not have friction modifiers in it. You know the additive that are there to help prevent friction wear so it would not be an issue with the clutches and was cheap. What might be good for wet clutches and something a ATV owner might be all happy over its just the opposite for engines. Add in oil going thru our injectors and pumps all the more. It always seems to shear faster than most quality syn and dino oils in UAO testing when use is kept consistent.

One thing for sure with HPOP injectors your oil can have a direct effect on immediate engine performance unlike most other engine types. For those tuned into there engines and the way they run I am sure you know the sound and fell when you have extended a oil change interval too long. You can feel it not running right.

I use to be a UOA nut. I used and tested just about every possible oil the sun. Most all those lost on our last move grrrh!! Spent countless hours checking others doing VOA for before and afters etc.. Looking back I spent way to much $$ on it.

After all of that the oil I found to give the best performance and still have a decent price was Schaeffer. They are also the only oil company I spoke to that will actually list and tell you what base oils and additive packages they use. In other words you actually know what you are getting. I am one of those guys that has to have the best if its reasonably possible. I have slowly over the years switch most all my lubricants over to Schaeffers. Call up Mobile One, Valvoline, even Amsoil and ask them to tell you what or can they state if they use Group IVs and only that or if their "syn" oil has group III etc in their BASE oil blends or just anything at all about the base oils they use. Bet all you get is the "its secret squirrel only info" line along with the "we only use what gets the very best performance from extensive testing" line as well. LOL That's just the base oils forget even asking about the additive packages.

I have also found that adding the Moly EP is a great way to combat shearings if you run extended OCI (oil change intervals) for those running bypass setups. It looks like its also a good way to get Rotella to last for just a standard OCI LOL

I run 9000 but use to run 7000 with no issues but I prefer the full syn. 5w40 base oils as I use it year round and seem to get better throttle response with it.

BTW in Dino oils I found Mobil Delvac to be and test out very well also. That was a number of years ago but bet its still good as thats a flag ship for them with big diesels

Last edited:

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Would adding Rev-x to a standard delo400 or any other popular NON synthetic oil be a good combination for a 7.3/6.0 platform?

I generally put delo 400 in every customers rig that gets new oil, unless they specify what they want. 95% of the HEUI injected vehicles also get 2 bottles of Rev-x on the way out. Would i be better off switching to schaeffers without the rev-x or is it basically the same thing once ive added the additive?