Oil Pressure Gauge Installed

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I finally got around to installing my autometer digital oil psi gauge. I had to "T" into the filter housing at the temp sensor. It did seem like my oil temp reads slightly lower, but most the time i just watch coolant temp.

Attachments

• 043265A9-C24F-4F70-9B20-353719CFCB9B.jpg
    043265A9-C24F-4F70-9B20-353719CFCB9B.jpg
    444 KB · Views: 257

DieselDog

Reaction score
Had same concern when I installed my digital gauge. Had to relocate my engine oil temperature sensor into my oil pan to get a accurate reading. When. I Tee'd mine into the oil filter housing but my oil temperature was around 30 degrees less the ECT. Now that's it's in the pan I have no problems. With the oil temperature reading low it was causing my tuner to reduce power until oil temperature got above operating temperature problem was it always read below 160 so tuner would not release full power.
Just something to think about.
I bought a bung from local race shop and I welded into my pan. Spliced connector to make it long enough to reach sensor in pan.

Last edited:

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Had same concern when I installed my digital gauge. Had to relocate my engine oil temperature sensor into my oil pan to get a accurate reading. When. I Tee'd mine into the oil filter housing but my oil temperature was around 30 degrees less the ECT. Now that's it's in the pan I have no problems. With the oil temperature reading low it was causing my tuner to reduce power until oil temperature got above operating temperature problem was it always read below 160 so tuner would not release full power.
I bought a bung from local race shop and I welded into my pan. Spliced connector to make it long enough to reach sensor in pan.

Thanks for the tip! I've been trying to decide how to get it to read correct again. I don't have reduced power, and don't play hard until I see my coolant up to temp. I'm just glad to see oil pressure finally! Peace of mind I guess lol so do you have a aftermarket pan or just welded the bung to the factory steel lower pan? Thanks!

DieselDog

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! I've been trying to decide how to get it to read correct again. I don't have reduced power, and don't play hard until I see my coolant up to temp. I'm just glad to see oil pressure finally! Peace of mind I guess lol so do you have a aftermarket pan or just welded the bung to the factory steel lower pan? Thanks!
I used plumbing solder on my steel pan. I was a little iffy about it but It came out very nice and strong hasn't leaked been on for months. I figured if plumimg.solder can hold 100's lbs of pressure and melting point is above 400 degrees it should work. I can send a picture if you want to see.
What kind of oil pressure are you seeing ?
My 2012 with 10w30 45 degrees outside see at idle warm engine 34 to 39 psi. If I use 15w40 it will raise pressure by 8 lbs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 20160910_101221(0).jpg
    20160910_101221(0).jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 133

DieselDog

Reaction score
I think what is happening is when you install the tee instead of oil constantly flowing over EOT sensor it now just dead ending that's why temperature is not accurate. I also tried extending EOT tip using copper piping worked okay but still not accurate that's when I decided to do the relocation in the pan.

Tsgs69400

Reaction score

May i ask what kind of tuner u are running?

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I used plumbing solder on my steel pan. I was a little iffy about it but It came out very nice and strong hasn't leaked been on for months. I figured if plumimg.solder can hold 100's lbs of pressure and melting point is above 400 degrees it should work. I can send a picture if you want to see.
What kind of oil pressure are you seeing ?
My 2012 with 10w30 45 degrees outside see at idle warm engine 34 to 39 psi. If I use 15w40 it will raise pressure by 8 lbs

Ya mine isn't that high, that seems high for warm idle. At temp and idle I see 28psi. I'm running 5w40 full synthetic. What brand gauges are you running?

DieselDog

Reaction score
VEI system gauges. I use both fuel and oil gauge they work great and very accurate I install my mechanical gauges just to see if they where accurate and they are right on point. Reasonable price for them also. Depending on gauge you purchase on amazon they range from 100 to 200 dollars. They have a nice dual input gauge for oil pressure and oil temperature on one gauge I purchased just haven't installed yet.
As for the warm idle oil temperature at 196 degrees oil pressure at 38, I also run a dual remote AMSOIL filter system not sure if that effect pressure.

Last edited:

DieselDog

Reaction score
May i ask what kind of tuner u are running?
I've ran both H$S MINI MAXX ****** and S******* Ngauge on my truck. The H$S was effect most by the oil temperature.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
You can change that setting for defuel in the h&s. My ngauge doesn't really care, so right now it's not a rush for me to move my sensor

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Changed up my mount, I just wasn't happy with the other one. This is a glow shift mount. I actually like it pretty well, I am wiring in a 4 pin connector to be able to remove the gauge if needed and not use butt connectors.. I hate that. Also going to tint the gauge face, way too bright at night or early morning with my windows being tinted.

Attachments

• 5BD51DF9-D3C6-4981-88C9-AC28A20EB07D.jpg
    5BD51DF9-D3C6-4981-88C9-AC28A20EB07D.jpg
    438.8 KB · Views: 113

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
More pics

Attachments

• IMG_4010.JPG
    IMG_4010.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_4009.JPG
    IMG_4009.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 89
  • 39D3A30A-75F0-48DB-9CD9-73E3DE5960C7.jpg
    39D3A30A-75F0-48DB-9CD9-73E3DE5960C7.jpg
    435.7 KB · Views: 83

DieselDog

Reaction score
Changed up my mount, I just wasn't happy with the other one. This is a glow shift mount. I actually like it pretty well, I am wiring in a 4 pin connector to be able to remove the gauge if needed and not use butt connectors.. I hate that. Also going to tint the gauge face, way too bright at night or early morning with my windows being tinted.
Can't quite tell but your Ngauge what are you using to mount it ?

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Using the mount that it came with to get her up there. I'll take some pics when I get home if you want.

Attachments

• IMG_3690.JPG
    IMG_3690.JPG
    287.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_3691.JPG
    IMG_3691.JPG
    360.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_3692.JPG
    IMG_3692.JPG
    348 KB · Views: 82

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Thinking about modifying this housing I just ordered. Maybe I will be able to leave factory sensors and add my oil psi sender.

Attachments

• IMG_4078.jpg
    IMG_4078.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 89

DieselDog

Reaction score
This is what I've done to installed oil pressure gauge and correct inaccurate oil temperature readings due to gauge tee.
Relocated EOT sensor in oil pan left side. Purchased brass Tee from Lowe's plumbing Isle installed it on the oil filter housing. EOT sensor has Been in oil pan for a while now with no leaks and no concerns with temperature accuracy. Hope this helps with idea on how to.fix gauge accuracy.

Attachments

• 20161214_133607.jpg
    20161214_133607.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 20161214_133553.jpg
    20161214_133553.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 105

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
That looks like it would work! I'm just hoping to keep them in factory locations and then modify the housing to take my psi sender as well without any Ts.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I got my used housing today that I ordered off eBay. I definitely believe I can keep the sensors in factory locations and add a port for my psi sender. Will post some info and pics once I get it figured out.

Latest posts

Members online