Oil Pressure Gauge Installed

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Really liking the new mount, I'd say I have my monitoring situation basically exactly how I want it. Next oil change I will install my modified oil filter manifold. I also played around with different oil after it being stated a 8 psi rise in psi at hot idle. Running 5w40 full synthetic at hot idle I see 28psi on fresh oil and oil that had 5k miles on it. No change. Running 15w40 oil at hot idle I see 28psi on fresh oil, as well as oil with 5k miles. Didn't expect a change in pressure, was just curious. I feel that 28psi at hot idle is well above spec and I'm happy with it!

Attachments

• IMG_4322.JPG
    IMG_4322.JPG
    392.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4135.jpg
    IMG_4135.jpg
    984.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_4156.JPG
    IMG_4156.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 97

95cobby

Reaction score
Really liking the new mount, I'd say I have my monitoring situation basically exactly how I want it. Next oil change I will install my modified oil filter manifold. I also played around with different oil after it being stated a 8 psi rise in psi at hot idle. Running 5w40 full synthetic at hot idle I see 28psi on fresh oil and oil that had 5k miles on it. No change. Running 15w40 oil at hot idle I see 28psi on fresh oil, as well as oil with 5k miles. Didn't expect a change in pressure, was just curious. I feel that 28psi at hot idle is well above spec and I'm happy with it!

How's this setup holding up? I plan to do the exact same thing this weekend.. got the replacement oil filter housing for $32 brand new. Will be drilling and tapping it here shortly.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
How's this setup holding up? I plan to do the exact same thing this weekend.. got the replacement oil filter housing for $32 brand new. Will be drilling and tapping it here shortly.

It's been great! Where'd you get it for that price? Dealer?

95cobby

Reaction score
It's been great! Where'd you get it for that price? Dealer?

Yup yup, eBay from Sunrise Ford. Should have it all finished up tomorrow. Just curious but what's your cold start pressure and what have you seen it spike to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online