Ongoing FRP issue solved?

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
If you have only driven in town then you wouldnt know if you have this issue or not. Get on the hwy and just apply light throttle through your shift into OD and then hold your speed around that point. For me its around 56 mph and rpms are around 1450. FRP is around 9,000. Mine will not smooth out until i get over 60 at light throttle. I also dont have a problem if I go medium-heavy throttle through this point

sonic blue l

Reaction score
No I've driven in town as well as on the hiway with no issues. Hiway speeds from 60-70 I have 3.73 gears so my rpm for a given speed would be different, but no issues.

Once I get my truck together I will see if I can get it to do it.

Do you know anybody with an ids?

Last edited:

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
I didn't read the other pages but could it be because of stock nozzles w/ the bigger rails??

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

White_monster

Reaction score
The only solution I've found for this surge issue has been to drop system pressure on the low pressure side. I had the nasty bucking/surging with the same driving conditions as the OP. I was to the point of taking the rails off but I thought I'd turn the system pressure down just to see. Pretty sure my gauge reads 7psi now and the surge disappeared. Not saying this will work for everyone but turning the airdog down a bit might help.

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
I tried that but not sure what my pressure is so I didn't want to turn it down to low. Maybe I will turn it down a little further

White_monster

Reaction score
No prob bud. Just trying to give you easier options than taking the rails out. Least if you try everything and it doesn't work you know. Let us know if it works.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Yeah I just drilled out the orfice, left it smaller then the fuel ports vs a 09 rail, but closer to matching the size of the 08 injector ports. I only did it because I had the truck a part and was not sure of future plans I may have for it.

At the time when I google it, I didn't find anyone with issues. Considering the orfice is less then a 1/16" i was surprised how much power a 6.4 can make. One could see how injector demand could cause a loss of rail pressure.

I've had no drive ability issues, however I wonder if the rails people buy are hogged out more.

Those with the issue can you explain exactly how you get your truck to do it as so far I've driven in town, on hi way with no issues.

With that said I'm currently doing an oil cooler and a few other odds and ends I can try to duplicate your issue. My truck however is pretty much stock except for egr block off plates, removed throttle plate, ported intake elbo (removed egr feed tube restriction)

Thanks for the info. Had thought about it but last time i checked my rail pressure was g2g even in the Race tune. I may leave it as long as I'm holding good #'s.

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
Well bringing this thread back up. Thought I had the issue somewhat solved by setting fuel temp to -40 which is the default temp. Drove my truck to work this morning which I never do and the issue did not go away after the truck was up to operating temp like it has been doing. I am thinking outside conditions might be playing a part. It was about 3 am and a humid 72 degrees outside and bucked like crazy for 55 miles to work at 58 mph.

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
Well I have been running a tune Matt made for with the fuel temp set at -40 which is what it defaults at when the sensor is unplugged. It has been working until this morning. First time I have driven when it wasn't 90 degrees out though. That should be the same as unplugging it?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
That's giving up....lol

I guess. They aren't worth it on a stock fuel truck though, so putting them in was pointless. It was a cheap and easy mod that turned out to be a big annoyance. Simple solution, go back to stock.

Almost to the point of giving up. If I run across some stock rails they will be going back in

Probably the best move you could make.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Well I have been running a tune Matt made for with the fuel temp set at -40 which is what it defaults at when the sensor is unplugged. It has been working until this morning. First time I have driven when it wasn't 90 degrees out though. That should be the same as unplugging it?

I don't know but if it dies it again I would sure try it just to day I did

Latest posts

Members online