Ongoing FRP issue solved?

78f100

Reaction score
I have some of the same surge, like whitemonster said mine got better when I turned down the pressure on the airdog. I also had a lot of noise from my hpfp/lines they were vibrating bad. I put a guage at the elite fuel block and was getting pressure surges, the ad couldn't maintain constant pressure above 14psi. I am going to tune the fuel pressure more and see what happens.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
You will see low pressure surging if the high pressure is surging. What you really need to look at is vcv and pcv

78f100

Reaction score
Will dual fuelers fix it? I think my hpfp is just weak it has 107k miles on it, I know dual fuelers is probably overkill for me now but I may go ahead with them idk yet. I need to do more testing to see for sure.

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
Some are having issues with a pump that has less than 40,000 miles. It's hard for me to believe it's a weak pump

78f100

Reaction score
I have noticed my fan engaged while at low rpm since I did this install, I think im gonna try unthreading the sensor also. My surge is also at 55 to 60 under light throttle. I have 60hp nozzles and rp is falling off to 18ksi at wot thats why I said I think my pump is weak. But I want to get this surge fixed and check everything out before I go changing hpfp's or adding dual fuelers. I spoke with Mike at KEM about the rp he said not much he can do with it falling off that much, I didnt mention the surge. I really need to spend some time in the truck with my ae checking everything. I hope you get it figure out and let us know soon...if I happen to stumble across a solution I will let you know.
Op do have airdog? The guys at elite told me I needed to turn the ad reg to 15psi but mine wont hold that even with the reg all the way in. When I turn the ad up any higher than about 13/14 psi it gets really noisy and the hpfp does also then it surges at idle. I know you guys already adressed that, just putting it out there incase im missing something. Im not a rocket scientist but there has to be a fix for this without going back to stock rails, would love to hear some tuners thoughts on this.

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
Oh didnt realize you had 60hp nozzles. Sounds like the same issue I have except I hold rail pressure fine at WOT. I have stock injectors though. I also tried turning the airdog pressure up and had the same issues as you. The pump was making a terrible noise and rail pressure bounced all over at idle.

Latest posts

Members online