Opinions on mods

Farmed Out

Reaction score
So I'm looking for everyone's opinion on something. I just picked up a 09 F450 that has a brand new 6.4 from the factory. The motor had about 300 miles on it when I got it, the motor has a 3yr unlimited mileage warranty that comes with it. My question is do I do dpf/egt delete now and risk voiding the motor warranty or wait until my 3 yrs are up and then mod it. Also I only use this truck to pick up feed and tow our horse and hay trailers it will probably only get about 6 to 9 thousand miles in a year.

MINK

Reaction score
IMO its better to delete them from the get to avoid oil dilution. I dont see you having any issues if you go ahead and delete it.

sootie

Reaction score
delete the sucker and get on the way!!!

nothing beats a well maintained, deleted 6fo.

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
Ide give it a couple thousand miles.. if something bigs gunna let go it should happen right away. Then Ide delete. Might also ask the service wrighter how he feels about doing warranty work on a modded truck. Then you'll know!

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Ide give it a couple thousand miles.. if something bigs gunna let go it should happen right away. Then Ide delete. Might also ask the service wrighter how he feels about doing warranty work on a modded truck. Then you'll know!

:whs:
Every shop is different.

08_Superduty

Reaction score
I think it depends on how many miles you put on it. If you put less than 20,000miles a year leave it alone until your warranty ends. But if your like me and put on 30,000+ a year I would delete it.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
WHS

Delete the exhaust and keep it in case of something. These trucks really like to run without that crap. Leave the EGR coolers though, you can turn it off with a tuner and most seem to not have problems with it turned off. Then remove them after the warranty is over.

Latest posts

Members online