Ordering a custom truck

Black_Lightning91

Reaction score
Buying a home is a pretty hard accomplishment with cash. Bare bones starter homes are $300k here. . .it would take a lone time to get that kind of cash.

Yes this is very true, one thing to remember the banks control the prices of the homes because they are the ones who assign the value. So they like to keep them out of reach of the pay with cash guys. Look around very nice homes can be had for around 30k through forclosure ect. Watch the show where they flip those houses, they make a killing off this market. Yeah some have been seriously abused or left un attended causing major issues. These are the ones with the most potential profit so thats why they buy them. There are others that you could move in that day. Yeah it might be out dated looking but for another 20k in remolding investments you now have a home in a 300k market with a 50-75k investment. Research/ knowledge and plain old footwork is your friend and will help you greatly in life.

amarillo250

Reaction score
I just have one thing to say, I never get a brand new truck again. The money you loose is not worth the new car smell. I learned the hard way and got my lesson.
50K in cash you can get a real nice used truck for 25k and think about what you can do to it with the other 25k.

TurboM700

Reaction score
I just have one thing to say, I never get a brand new truck again. The money you loose is not worth the new car smell. I learned the hard way and got my lesson.
50K in cash you can get a real nice used truck for 25k and think about what you can do to it with the other 25k.

Bingo

The only reason we bought my wife Excape new was. 1) two year old used ones were going for 2-3k more then her new one. 2) I wanted her to have side curtain air bags and 2008 was the first year for that.

If I remember right we paid 18k out the door for it brand new. Didnt think that was to bad for a brand new Excape.

As far as buying a house goes. I admit we did not pay cash for our house. But what we are doing is having it paid off in 7 years. THis has been no easy task and its hard at times watching your freinds go on vacation and buying new toys but like I said before I would rather retire at 45 then have nice toys at 25.

I'm living like no one else so later in life I can live like no one else.

Mike

silverbullet4x4

Reaction score
I have looked into new and used trucks and its been a task trying to decide between the two. I've looked into both used 6.4's and 6.7's and have a hard time deciding which would be right for me. I'm not against financing just because i need to build my credit and one day i will be taking out a mortgage to buy a house. Granted, the house will probably need some work but i want land so it's a trade off. I used to have the cash only mentality but for me it's hard to justify waiting until the cash is there to buy a home. On top of that with a family in the near future i would need a place that is livable for more than just my wife and I. I have no qualms with doing any type of renovation work but at the same time in my area, a home (a recent foreclosure included) with the amount of land i'd like to have is still around 150k-200k. Just my 2 cents.

amarillo250

Reaction score
My 2cent is easy, get a good 6.4 and build it the way You want it to be. Take the rest of the money as down payment on the house. A good look over the border in the north might help a bit for the 6.4 ;)

CamTom12

Reaction score
Part of the derail crew here but anyways, here it goes:

TurboM700: I think you're on the right track! Cash is how we like to work it as well, but with a bank that's located thousands of miles away, we have to use the debit card more often than not. We're relatively new to this type of finance management, having only done it since '09, but so far we've paid off a boat-load of debt.

Here's where I disagree with you slightly - It's not debt if you owe someone money you have. I see this completely different than owing somebody money you don't have. If you have a loan of some sort and the money to pay it off, you can make a calculated decision about how and when you will apply that money, weighing interest, etc. In a zero interest situation, if I had the money and it got me a reward on the car, heck yeah I'd do it.

We decided that instead of using the debit card, we'd get a CC with a good rewards system and keep it paid off. Sometimes multiple times a month because I'm a little OCD about it. So far because of it, my wife has been able to fly across the continent and visit her family for free this year while I was gone. During the Thanksgiving holiday. Credit got us that.

We've been trying to get out of debt ourselves, and have gotten it down to what's left of my truck payment. Should be done in a couple more months!

Keep it up with the don't buy it if you can't pay for it attitude, but don't be afraid to use a little credit to get some rewards! Like I said, I don't believe it's debt if you have the money to pay for it, I think it's just taking advantage of some benefits that companies are putting out there to entice people who may not be so money smart.

KPSquared

Reaction score
Credit has it's place.

As far as the forclosure market goes, this ain't broke ass america up here in Canuckistan. In the area I live, no one is cutting losses like that.

As far as making money with borrowed money, leverage is a great idea if you know what's up.

Snake

Reaction score
Yes this is very true, one thing to remember the banks control the prices of the homes because they are the ones who assign the value.

Um, no. Not even close. Not unless you're talking about a short sale or a foreclosure and what will be accepted.

Cody

Reaction score
It's not debt if you owe someone money you have.

We decided that instead of using the debit card, we'd get a CC with a good rewards system and keep it paid off.

Bingo, my dad probably charges 20k a month on a couple credit cards, and gets awesome rewards.

My former employer used to charge every thing to a cableas credit card and max it out at least once or twice a month (50k limit) pay it off and just rake in the points, he literally has thousands of points through them and gets guns with it, clothes, you name it all for free by using credit