Pa, Wva, MD, Nc, Va members

First Ford Diesel Event in Va by a dealership

• Would you think about attending ?

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Would you really attend if a date was set with dyno, and sponsors at locatio

Votes: 26 86.7%

• Total voters

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Hey Kevin, I'll shoot you a text later, but have some good ideas also. One thing we might consider if we could maybe get multiple dynos, and maybe offer some live tuning to make worth them coming out for this seeing as jeff said he might come up, but having Eric so close also, and I'm sure we could get matt out here....... Wheels are turning here.

sent from the shop making things fly.....

RescueF250

Reaction score
Ya I'm already shooting for Doug, Matt, Vivian and Eric all the bases covered for that. Got a lot to plan need to find out their min for dyno like 30 trucks each etc. Once I sit down with Ford with a game plan is when ill start finding out.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
I know we talked to valley dyno services about doing our open house last year, and iirc they wanted a min of 15 trucks to make the trip for us. That will give you a reference anyway. Those were the same guys we dynoed on at micks back when he opened shop, and before anyone gets there tampon in a knot its a dyno jet with load brake. Gonna text you in a few.....

sent from the shop making things fly.....

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I live right around the corner from eric, he bought this huge trailer for events. Hes going to alot of events now, so he might be down. As far as next year i should be able to make it.

RescueF250

Reaction score
I've brought it up to Haller, I'm gonna meet with Ford this week to discuss what's gonna happen and see if they will come up with a date, they wanted Fall but with all the events n NHRDA races that be difficult so I'm gonna go for spring nice weather good dyno weataher as well.

RescueF250

Reaction score
Had the meeting with Ford yesterday. Their concern is liability for the dyno is a truck comes apart and sling parts, other concern was the smoke signals we'll be sending during dyno but they are still gonna ask ahead to do it anyways. Being that the DEQ is located right behind them. They are gonna look into trying to do a burnout comp, as well as a Show n Shine with categories. The class they were gonna offer was for your average joe lol not at our level. As for the vendors PM if your looking to set up a booth etc. Its pretty affordable and ya'll be placed inside the show room.

Last edited:

Sniper32

Reaction score
as far as the dyno goes, cant the place it on the other side of the lot (near the garage where we parked the first time we went there). that will make it so its not right next to the road as well as being father away from DEQ. still sounds like it could be a great event

HD F250

Reaction score
Nice work, keep the press on! The dealer could do a parts special that day similar to Sunrise Ford and I am sure guys would stock up on parts at a discount. I would stock up on fuel and oil filters for sure. That's a win, win!!!!!

RescueF250

Reaction score
Well a vendor has brought the idea of a charity for the Wildman family I agree to that, so I'm gonna work that end as well. I've asked haller what would it take for him to bring the dyno, not that I wouldn't ask around here, but having a dyno legit for diesel and used before be more accurate. Ill mention the parts aspect of things for deals. As for the dyno we are gonna need a min amount of trucks, because that would cover the time and trip exspecially for mike if he decides that. Haven't decide a date wether its spring or fall as of right now. Tried looking at events of the past to gauge it better so it doesn't overlap another like the NHRDA races or other events that people attend. Hardtimes is right around the corner with a large parking lot with pool tables, and food n drinks.

RescueF250

Reaction score
I've set up a poll on top to have somewhat of a head count who would be interseted or think about it. This way we can prepare for it, also looking at possibly 10 sponsors or so for the event. Gonna try and ask folks about live tuning options or maybe updating your tunes on site as well.