Painting grill and tailgate platinum

dcswetman

Reaction score
Dcswetman you wouldn't happen to have some pics of the inside. Outside looks awesome! Insides def got me curious with everything I seen on the pallet.
The ruby red platinum is Jordan's, not mine (I have a plain Jane white platinum. there's a whole build thread for Jordan's on here in here

David1089

Reaction score
The ruby red platinum is Jordan's, not mine (I have a plain Jane white platinum. there's a whole build thread for Jordan's on here in here

Alright thanks man! I'll try to find it I've got a platinum white and I'm thinking about painting my plastics on the inside

insuranceman

Reaction score
Finally got it just the way I want it. Still not for sure about the platinum logos on the bed side.

Attachments

• 053.jpg
    053.jpg
    747.2 KB · Views: 388
  • 051.jpg
    051.jpg
    866.4 KB · Views: 331
  • 054.jpg
    054.jpg
    908.6 KB · Views: 358

Jassman

Reaction score
Finally got it just the way I want it. Still not for sure about the platinum logos on the bed side.

Man...That grill looks awesome. I have a 15 Platinum coming in Black ..Im going to have the shroud painted body color and the inside section similar to yours..yours is the first one I found like this. Thanks.

Dantron

Reaction score
My truck became too black to keep the tailgate badge. I couldn't find myself getting rid of all the chrome though. I'm still debating whether to go full black.

Attachments

• IMG_1584.JPG
    IMG_1584.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 230

Jassman

Reaction score
My truck became too black to keep the tailgate badge. I couldn't find myself getting rid of all the chrome though. I'm still debating whether to go full black.

your Black truck is similar to what I'm building right at the moment..It looks awesome especially that tail gate. Im contemplating painting it the opposite of what you did..top and bottom be the chrome and black in the center..I believe your way looks better. What side lift and wheels you have on there..looks damn good.

Dantron

Reaction score
your Black truck is similar to what I'm building right at the moment..It looks awesome especially that tail gate. Im contemplating painting it the opposite of what you did..top and bottom be the chrome and black in the center..I believe your way looks better. What side lift and wheels you have on there..looks damn good.
Thanks. I tried it both ways on the tailgate. I liked the black outside with silver center better for my truck. I didn't use paint by the way, used vinyl wrap instead. I'm running an 8 inch lift, 38x15.5x20 tires, and 20x12 wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_1368.JPG
    IMG_1368.JPG
    639.6 KB · Views: 178

Jassman

Reaction score
Thanks. I tried it both ways on the tailgate. I liked the black outside with silver center better for my truck. I didn't use paint by the way, used vinyl wrap instead. I'm running an 8 inch lift, 38x15.5x20 tires, and 20x12 wheels.

Good Idea on the vinyl wrap. Im just finishing my bedliner and truck cover usa install, and then over to the painter, then suspension..Thanks for the help.

Jassman

Reaction score
I ended up painting both. The tailgate was taped off as good as it possibly could..but with the curves I ended up putting a super thin black tape to cover up the inner section and then a second one for a accent. The bleed through was so small most would not have seen it..just not perfect.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    934.5 KB · Views: 217
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 214
  • FullSizeRender(4).jpg
    FullSizeRender(4).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 199