Painting grill and tailgate platinum

VetteD_SiN

Reaction score
man. you guys got some sick whips. i have a quick question slightly off topic. looking through your guys pics, i noticed that your guys ford emblems are different colors, or covered entirely. is this a different part, does the emblem come apart so it can be painted, or is it sprayed on the surface? i wanted to spray some of my exterior stuff (grill, emblems, etc), but didnt know how i should proceed with the emblems. thanks in advance.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I ended up painting both. The tailgate was taped off as good as it possibly could..but with the curves I ended up putting a super thin black tape to cover up the inner section and then a second one for a accent. The bleed through was so small most would not have seen it..just not perfect.

Screw the truck...is that your house? LOL

truckman1974

Reaction score
man. you guys got some sick whips. i have a quick question slightly off topic. looking through your guys pics, i noticed that your guys ford emblems are different colors, or covered entirely. is this a different part, does the emblem come apart so it can be painted, or is it sprayed on the surface? i wanted to spray some of my exterior stuff (grill, emblems, etc), but didnt know how i should proceed with the emblems. thanks in advance.

Check this out:

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57272

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
Monster of a house lol.

Stole my idea of painting tailgate that way :p hadn't seen it before and wanted to do it myself. Looks great!

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
just got my grille shell wrapped last week. Looks sooo much better
20150221_111122_zpssbuteotm.jpg

Wrapped? How much did that run you?

ultra2207

Reaction score
Did you disassemble the grill or remove it for them? I have my front and rear bumpers wrapped, it's holding up great.

sent via tapatalk

truckman1974

Reaction score
Sign shop? I wouldn't have thought of that.... They use some kind of sign covering or something?