Parallel Turbos

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Anybody on here ever ran twins? More specifically a pair of s366's. I'm looking for turbine housing size experiences. Just trying to keep from switching housings 5 damn times.

neverkickn

Reaction score
There is a guy here that ran a parallel setup with some garret bb turbos. Can't remember what size charger he used or even his screen name.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
No super common in the diesel world. Very popular on gassers because two smaller turbos are easier to spool than one big one. Same theory with triple turbos with two smaller atmosphere turbos.

Not sure you are going to find the info you want as most people don't do it.

You could take some info from the Mpd quad turbo build with 59/75 Compounds on each bank. Unfortunately tho displacement between 6.4 and 7.3 is enough of a difference to really throw off your calculations

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Last edited:

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
That was a major flop of a project. Not to mention hack the chit out of a perfectly good sd...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Well, basically I was trying to decide between starting off with a non divided .88 housing or a divided .91. Ithink the .91 will spool just as quick as the .88 because of the divided housing and give me less drive pressure at 40-50psi.

I also thought about doing an s366/s366/s482 triple setup but iI don't think that'll happen. I need to sell my billet s482 to buy 3 s366's. 2 for the race truck and one for my white truck.

Also, the engine is so close to the fire wall on this 78 that I don't have room for the uppipes and downpipe of a traditional T4 kit. I'm building headers somewhat like the one on the truck in the video. Straight up the side of the motor. Difference being mine will look better and be taller for easy access of the valve cover.

I love the idea of the water only turbo! Send me some info so I can look into them!! The cleaner the better. I'm doing somewhat of a wire tuck and deleting absolutely everything that isn't essential to the operation of the truck. The hassle of oil line plumbing would really clean it up. I could just come off the radiator hose going to and from the bed of the truck..... If that's where it ends up going.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Link to the PSN Build.

http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65865&highlight=parallel+turbo

Second build thread.

http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100303&highlight=parallel+turbo

O And Chris. If you have the need, I have the ability to get OIL less turbos.. The are just water cooled.
That would make it easy to fab up a set like this. no need to keep the strait. you can mount them
vertical if need be.

ask barder about those junk turbos....

Short Bus

Reaction score
There was Another guy who tried the parallel twins, iirc his name was Darrell something or other out of Missouri

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
There was Another guy who tried the parallel twins, iirc his name was Darrell something or other out of Missouri

Yeah last I heard through the grapevine is he scrapped it and is not pulling with Cummings...

Also heard he could never get it tuned right

Sent from the murder mitten

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
Last vids i seen darrell was gettin close on it but then it disappeared. He is a real nice guy own diesel performance plus. Dppower.com iirc, im sure hed help ya out.

pontiacross

Reaction score
I think he scrapped it because there wasn't to many places he could pull with it. he dose have dodge he is pulling with right now but is supposedly building another powerstroke

DocBar

Reaction score

WTF is a parallel twin? At least get the nomenclature right.

Twins(parallel if you prefer) refer to two (2) equally sized turbos with one feeding each bank of a V block or half of the cylinders of an inline block.

Compounds refer to a large atmosphere turbo feeding a smaller high pressure turbo. You can call them primary and secondary if you prefer.

The terms "twin" and "compound" are not even a cousin to interchangeable.

Saying parallel twins is synonymous to Twain saying "suppose I am a politician. Then suppose I'm an idiot. But I repeat myself". :pointlaugh:

Sorry to go off on you, but this kind of crap drives me nuts. Twin turbos and compound turbos are 100% completely different. :grouphug:

I'm sure many of my mistakes drive others nuts.

:biggun:

Last edited:

DocBar

Reaction score
Having over thought the situation, what are the control issues with twins on a 7.3? IPR, ICP, DC, BP, etc.

Latest posts

Members online