Parallel Turbos

DocBar

Reaction score

PDT1081

Reaction score
Chris I think the S366 in the right configuration would be the perfect fit.

The 7.3 stock gtp38 and tp38 turbos have a exhaust wheel size of 76.2 mm with the turbine wheel exducer diameter at 69.84. Just think how fast two of them would spool EVEN with a 66mm comp wheel and the factory .84 A/R housing of the SD pickups. You have 400/400 injectors to help verses the factory 148/slow injectors. These would lite FAST and stay lit. your shift point will keep you in the 2500 RPM range and up. They would light.

Now you can get the S366 with the billet wheel and with the .83 A/R exhaust housing. Now look at this. Along with that tight housing you can get the 76.2 mm inducer / 67.5 mm exducer turbine wheel. This turbo is rated @ 84 LB a min so with two it would be like 168 LB min. That comes out to right @ 2431 CFM ... I think it would work quite well.

Who was it back in the Diesel Stop days that had the twin stockers mounted in the valley? I'm thinking black OBS without a hood.

extreme3807

Reaction score
Just try whatever you want man. If it works, cool. If not its a good learning curve for the community as a whole. That's coming from first hand experience, do what you feel is right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Who was it back in the Diesel Stop days that had the twin stockers mounted in the valley? I'm thinking black OBS without a hood.

I remember a black obs with the turbos hanging off the side of the block, down pipes ran to side pipes. It was a cool set up but I havent heard of that truck in a while

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score

The only guy I can think of Was Jim@Rosewood diesel. His was a Black regular Cab OBS. BUT I think his was in a compound configuration??? I think he even had three mounted at one point the two feeding the stock turbo were S400 frames?? We both might be thinking of different guy though.

ON EDIT: Here is the one picture with two S400s feeding a factory Turbo.
02288_zpsc22adb93.jpg

I still think he had two stokers at one point.

Last edited:

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Are you hunting and pecking? Why not call Pius and tell him what you want and buy accordingly?

There's a lot of us that won't deal with pius. Personally I'm not going to call and deal with him. And a lot of us aren't going to wait months on a turbo when you can call any born Warner dealer and get a solid turbo that you actually know what you're getting.

V-Ref

Reaction score
There's a lot of us that won't deal with pius. Personally I'm not going to call and deal with him. And a lot of us aren't going to wait months on a turbo when you can call any born Warner dealer and get a solid turbo that you actually know what you're getting.

He just told me last week he didn't think he could build a single turbo for a 7.3 that would flow as much as the Borg Warner 178850 :shrug:

I'm supposed to call him back after he consults his compressor maps to verify :lookaround:

V-Ref

Reaction score
Darrel had tried twin stock ones at one point years before the lastest version he did. They never would spool.

My math says small S200s in the 40-50lb/hr range is all a 222 cu in motor can spool. I think if those two fed a big atmo...that then fed a 444 cu in motor...then were getting somewhere. I hope Chris succeeds with this. Cool project.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
My math says small S200s in the 40-50lb/hr range is all a 222 cu in motor can spool. I think if those two fed a big atmo...that then fed a 444 cu in motor...then were getting somewhere. I hope Chris succeeds with this. Cool project.

Why would you feed a big atmo turbo with two smaller turbos, that could never keep up with it?? After all a 7.3 will spool a GT4202R easy for the application Chris is looking for. The standard GT4202R flows about 95 LB min.. The GTX4202R flows right at 110 to 115 LB min. The two turbos you mentioned could not even keep up with a GTX4202R turbo. What would you gain?? Not a thing. Now a atmo turbo that is not "big" so to speak is a 82 to 88mm turbo. Both flow right at 130 LB min for the 82mm and 160 LB min for the 88mm Both with billet wheels. Just some food for thought.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Are you hunting and pecking? Why not call Pius and tell him what you want and buy accordingly?

Dude, are you supposed to be on meds? You were cool. Then you turned into a crank. Then you apologized for drinking and posting. Now you give somebody shti for not using the guy who.hasnt been able to size compounds for you in a calendars year worth of time? Do you listen to what you're saying? Get a snootful again today and post?

If your experience with pius is typical Id buy the closest guess I had and redo it if it wasnt right. You're gonna have 15k into a set of meeehhhh chargers. If you ever get them.

Why dont you call someone HAS done this and maybe your atitude will get better. Seems like this kinda topic gets you pissed because of your waiting and waiting...

TyCorr

Reaction score
Why would you feed a big atmo turbo with two smaller turbos, that could never keep up with it?? After all a 7.3 will spool a GT4202R easy for the application Chris is looking for. The standard GT4202R flows about 95 LB min.. The GTX4202R flows right at 110 to 115 LB min. The two turbos you mentioned could not even keep up with a GTX4202R turbo. What would you gain?? Not a thing. Now a atmo turbo that is not "big" so to speak is a 82 to 88mm turbo. Both flow right at 130 LB min for the 82mm and 160 LB min for the 88mm Both with billet wheels. Just some food for thought.

The atmo "feeds" the high pressures, not the opposite. I think you adding high pressures together, on the compressor side, and comparing it to what an atmo flows is kinda pointless since that isnt how.it works anyway.

Or are you talking about exhaust side?

V-Ref

Reaction score
Cowboy...I meant the turbine side of the two small turbo feeding or spoofing a big atmo...I used bad wording...you're right...internet loses some of the intent at times...

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
The atmo "feeds" the high pressures, not the opposite. I think you adding high pressures together, on the compressor side, and comparing it to what an atmo flows is kinda pointless since that isnt how.it works anyway.

Or are you talking about exhaust side?

I was playing with the words to a point. But I was talking air side. I realize how that sounded and was waiting for somebody to catch me on it. Did not take long!! :thumbsup: I was just running off of V-refs wording. I honestly thought he was just meaning a "big" turbo when he said atmo turbo. Sorry about that!

Cowboy...I meant the turbine side of the two small turbo feeding or spoofing a big atmo...I used bad wording...you're right...internet loses some of the intent at times...

That clears up a lot. I was scratching my head thinking, What is new that i missed?!?!?

Carry one!!!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I'm gonna run those s360's and see what's up. I think the 4,000 rpm shifts and nitrous will keep em lit just fine. I'll run the tightest housings I can get my hands on. If they're not big enough I'll run a parallel compound triple setup. How's that for a plan. Lol!

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
That's 130 lbs/min. With the small turbine wheel option I have a feeling they'll spool awesome.

They should spool good! 130 LB min would be rated for 1300hp Well if you go buy how Garrett rates them. That would be gas, BUT it should do over 800 on #2 then toss giggle gas and who knows?? :joy:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.