PCS Install questions

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Just installing my pcs here. A few questions.

I need a wiring schematic of the TPS sensor, Im not sure which ones to splice the two from the pcs harness into.

And which wires would be best to tap into for the RPM signal ? Where are they ?

And there are 6 wires from the pcs range selector plug for 4x4 module, backup light and start. Where is the best place to splice those ? Off the factory harness range selector ?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I wish I could remember the color scheme. I'd have to go rip into the truck to be sure but I wanna say the tach wire off the CPS is green and the TPS is grey with a blue tracer.... Don't quote me on that though.

You can tap the tach wire in the engine bay were the harness comes into the PCM. The TPS is on the pedal

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
The TPS has 5 wires though. Which one would be ground and ref voltage ?

Im just wondering where in the cab would the tach wires be.

Wackerjr

Reaction score
The tps has 3 the idle validation switch is the other 2...easiest way is stick a multimeter in the pins and hit the pedal...if voltage rises you got the right wire...the tach signal is going to come off the cps...easiest place is in the harness right on top of drivers fender like Steve said. What year is your ride and i can take a look at my diagrams for the rest...on edit saw your Sig give me a few...

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Perfect. Out of the 3 Does it matter which one you use for the ground ?

And what about the 6 wires coming off the range selector ?

And Wacker which one do you use for the OD on/off button ?

Sorry for all the questions. Im not very confident in wiring so I like to be 110% sure before I just start hacking away.

Wackerjr

Reaction score
did you get the harness for the trans to? or just the box? I am looking at the diagrams now....
I don't know why your asking for tps ground... it is not needed you should have one black wire on the pcs that is the ground just ground that to chassis.

backup lights is going to be Black with Pink tracer.
CPS is going to be dark green I believe.... (orange/black pcs wire)
TPS is going to be I believe yellow/white (double check with multimeter) (yellow/black pcs wire)

Any other button (od, cruise buttons for paddle shifting, toggles, etc) they go to spare digital inputs and will need to be setup in the program....

Also note, go into the speed and gearing chart of the pcs once it is all up and connected, and set the engine pulses to 24 or rpm will be off before you start to drive...

Wackerjr

Reaction score
also do not worry about hooking up the brake light input, this is really only going to unlock the converter and not nec.... also will give you another digital input for dyno mode or something...

Wackerjr

Reaction score
also I am lost on the 4x4 module you are talking about, what color are the wires you speak of? on edit I think you mean 4x4 switch... that goes to red/white I believe.... and the starter relay is tan/red I think.... did not need this on the race vehicles :) lol

Last edited:

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I have a seperate loomed wire to an odd connector thats labeled TPS. It has a blk/wht wire a red/wht wire and a yellow black wire going into a connector and the output of that connector has a ylw/blk and blk/wht wires to splice into the TPS.

As for the 4x4. The harness connector that clips to the range selector has 6 wires coming out of it the all vary in color and labels from backup lights starter and 4x4 module ?? All 6 wires are maybe 2 ft long.

I also have a whole loop of wires with digital outputs/pmw/speedo/tach etc.

I got the complete harness for the 4r100. However only a sheet with diagrams for the pcs sensors and what pin the correspond to on the main connection.

Im going to snap a few pics for you, just to make clear the wires I am explaining. Make it easy on us.

Wackerjr

Reaction score
And FWIW you can use this style of wire tap, and not cut anything....
page2c.jpg

Wackerjr

Reaction score
I have a seperate loomed wire to an odd connector thats labeled TPS. that connector hooks to the blue boxIt has a blk/wht wire (NOT needed, this is if you will hook up a sensor for another purpose) a red/wht wire(again not needed only for adding a sensor) and a yellow black wire going into a connector (this connector hooks to the PCS trans harness)and the output of that connector has a ylw/blk and blk/wht wires to splice into the TPS. Yellow black to TPS see above for corresponding wire) you sure that wire is not all black and to go to the nuetral switch?

As for the 4x4. The harness connector that clips to the range selector has 6 wires coming out of it the all vary in color and labels from backup lights starter and 4x4 module ?? All 6 wires are maybe 2 ft long. (see posts above, listed factory wire colors to hook to)

I also have a whole loop of wires with digital outputs/pmw/speedo/tach etc.

I got the complete harness for the 4r100. However only a sheet with diagrams for the pcs sensors and what pin the correspond to on the main connection.

Im going to snap a few pics for you, just to make clear the wires I am explaining. Make it easy on us.

no need for pics... PCS gives you a ton of stuff you dont really need....

the extra bag of wire keep it, but you don' t need it...

See above

Last edited:

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
img3369qz.jpg

TPS connection

img3370j.jpg

These are the 6 wires at the range selector ? I have no idea where they would splice in. PCS seems fairly calculated so I assume something close to the length of the wires.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
no need for pics... PCS gives you a ton of stuff you dont really need....

the extra bag of wire keep it, but you don' t need it...

See above

Sorry already snapped em lol.

Im clear with the TPS now. Just splice the yellow wire to one of the ones that show ref voltage.

The cps sensor I will trace back to the PCM and tap the orange and black wires in.

However the 6 underneath Im still lost on. Sorry

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Having a few issues gettting the TCU to comunnicate with my laptop. Keeps giving me a run time error 438.

And I can start the truck in any gear. Where is the park neutral saftey ?

Wackerjr

Reaction score
give me the color of the 6 wires (color/tracer) and I can tell you what exactly they are for....Also can you e/mail me the schematic you have? I am wondering if mine is out of date, that TPS plug looks confusing....

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Got the truck fired up today. Big thanks to Wacker for that download.

Didnt get the right green wire for the cps as I have no signal.
Same for the TPS, Wacker on my truck it wasnt the ylw/wht it was the red. Tomorrow Ill have to trace back the cps and I can start tuning as I drove it around the block and it wasnt happy lol.

Have to find out where the reverse lights are too. Also I believe my park/neutral safety was bypassed as I can start in ay gear. It wont hurt anything just leaving it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.