Peixinho's 700hp streetable, towable, DD build thread

Triumph1188

Reaction score
Exactly!!! I am only looking for around 700hp so I should only need around 205-225cc of fuel... I should be able to run 285/75 with a conservative pulse width and get 225cc of fuel... then if I decide I can throw on larger nozzles and get the 285cc of fuel without having to get my injectors redone again.

I am looking for the best atomization possible to make the power. I know I could make the power with 350/150s but it would be less efficient, smoky, and probably impossible to tow heavy with.

I'm curious how much 30% nozzles can flow. Can they empty the barrel on a 205? I would for sure get 205/30s when I do my build then.

peixinho

Reaction score
I'm curious how much 30% nozzles can flow. Can they empty the barrel on a 205? I would for sure get 205/30s when I do my build then.

I have never heard of anyone flow benching 30% nozzles but it would be very interesting to know the answer.

Theortically...

205cc-135cc= 70cc
70cc/135cc = 51% larger than stock

So theoretically a 50% nozzle should be ideal for 205s if you want the smallest nozzle possible while still being able to dump all the fuel. But every nozzle manufacturer rates their sizes differently and can be made differently so that is probably not a good gauge. It would be better if someone actually flow tested the nozzles.

Lucky for me I have the exact same nozzles that Jesse Warren Flow benched so for my application it should be perfect

Derkperk

Reaction score
I read on a thread here that warren tested a 350 (or something large) with 75% nozzles and it dumped 240cc @4000 psi.

windrunner408

Reaction score
I read on here that Jess Warren flow benched 350/75s and they flowed 240cc of fuel...

I read on a thread here that warren tested a 350 (or something large) with 75% nozzles and it dumped 240cc @4000 psi.

Hey Charlie, I think I read on here that Jesse Warren flow benched a 300+ cc injector with 75 nozzles and it dumped 240cc of fuel...:poke:

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

peixinho

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback gusy... here are my thoughts on the injectors.

I have been working off this theory that we should just focus on picking our nozzle size and not worry so much about the injector body. Theoretically you should be able to get any injector to run pretty similar through tuning... for example... why choose between 175/30 or 190/30??? just get the 190/30 and turn down the fuel a little to run like 175/30. In fact why not just go with a 205/30... the you get the 205/30, 190/30, 175/30, and 155/30 all in one injector. You can just use tuning to adjust the amount of fuel dumped. Now there are limits. You cant turn down the pulse width too far... so if you stick on 190/150s then you cant get them to run like 155/30 because you are limited by the amount of fuel you can pull. So pick the most amount of fuel that a certain nozzle size can dump and then pull fuel as needed.

For this specific example I used a couple of calculation to determine my injector size. First off I am going off of an average of 3.33cc/hp formula. I have seen this is a very good reference for determining injector size (assuming you can use up all the fuel)

For example...
500/3.33 = 151... so I would recommend 155s
600/3.33 = 180... so 175s will do it with a ton of mods, 190s will do it with less
700/3.33 = 210... so 205s will do it with a ton of mods, 215s will do it with less

So with a basis of 215cc injectors I wanted to pick my nozzle size. I wanted the best atomization possible in hopes of being as efficient as possible. I also want to be able to pull enough fuel to be able to tow.

so 215cc-135cc = 80cc over stock

80cc/135cc = 61% bigger than stock... that leaves me with with 75% nozzles being able to dump all the fuel I need assuming max ICP and Pulse width

Now back to my theory of picking the injector body by the nozzle size and not your goal of cc's (that way I can utilize my injector size to the max).

135x75% (1.75)= 236cc of feul that 75% nozzles should dump. This correlate almost perfect with what Jesse Warren tested... he is running 350/75 and said it dumped about 240cc of fuel.

So ideally I would end up with a 240/75 for my needs... but I wanted to go just slightly larger in case I wanna swap out nozzles later to 100%. Also I like the idea of the injector never being able to max out so I jumped up to 280/75 even though I think it will only put out about 240cc of fuel.

So with one injector I should be able to adjust the pulse width to run like...
240/75
215/75
205/75
190/75
175/75
etc...

So if you can tow with a 175/75 then you should be able to tow with a 285/75

LOL... me too :rockon:

windrunner408

Reaction score
Is that where I read that? Memory not so sharp today, thanks for the laugh! LOL

LOL LOL I dont know man. I actually found it VERY entertaining. Thank you for the laugh. At least you have a sense of humor.

Sorry Charlie for the derail.

Triumph1188

Reaction score
LOL... me too :rockon:

Haha I didn't even see that tidbit in there. I was tired when I read it and sort of skipped through some of the post. My bad.

Maybe I will go with 225/75s. Or 190/30s. Definitely going to run warrens dual hpop setup though. 4000 psi in all conditions will be good to be certain of having.

peixinho

Reaction score
Haha I didn't even see that tidbit in there. I was tired when I read it and sort of skipped through some of the post. My bad.

Maybe I will go with 225/75s. Or 190/30s. Definitely going to run warrens dual hpop setup though. 4000 psi in all conditions will be good to be certain of having.

Glad we all have good humors :thumbup:

I like the 190/30 option and/or 225/75!

Triumph1188

Reaction score
No I really like these injectors a lot and the best part is being able to maintain full icp with a full fuel tune.

I have been thinking about running warrens dual pump kit in tandem with dieselsites hpods. Just to see the results...I don't think anyone has tried it.

JGman141

Reaction score
Have you dynoed this set up?? Is it smokey?? Who's tunes do you run? DD-able?

Havnt had it on a dyno yet because a few weeks back it spun a rod. But when it was running good it was a grate dd and I had a lot of fuel pulled back because this turbo can't come close to cleaning it up. If it's on full fuel tune it's very smokey but with it pulled back it just makes a slight haze while driving. Drew at back roads performance has this truck dialed in perfect and it pulls harder than any other tune I've ran.

JGman141

Reaction score
I have been thinking about running warrens dual pump kit in tandem with dieselsites hpods. Just to see the results...I don't think anyone has tried it.

I havnt heard of anyone doing that yet but I can tell you that I hold full icp with the dual pump and stock hpop.

Triumph1188

Reaction score
I havnt heard of anyone doing that yet but I can tell you that I hold full icp with the dual pump and stock hpop.

Yeah that's what I have been told. I don't know what pressure drop there is, if any, with the dual pump kit and no hpods. I know that just the stock pump has a decent amount of loss between the pump and the oil rail.

Mdub707

Reaction score
So you're going to aim for 700hp on an injector size of 225-285 (TBD) with likely a dual HPOP setup at that point, and a single VGT charger? Have you given a thought to which charger you're going to run? I know 6.0 VGT chargers have come a long way in the last year or so, but I think that's a tall task. I think it would be awesome to see it done though.

peixinho

Reaction score
So you're going to aim for 700hp on an injector size of 225-285 (TBD) with likely a dual HPOP setup at that point, and a single VGT charger? Have you given a thought to which charger you're going to run? I know 6.0 VGT chargers have come a long way in the last year or so, but I think that's a tall task. I think it would be awesome to see it done though.

You are right. We will see how well the vgt turbo does. I think live tuning will help out a lot.

As for which charger... It will be a KC turbo design. Either a stage 3 or stage 4.

If a single vgt does not work out I will be doing either twins or compounds. I have toyed with the idea of trying twin vgt turbos where the battery trays are... it would be different for sure

Latest posts

Members online