Peoria,IL

Customsound

Reaction score
What's u guys ? 29 from pekin IL looking at buying a 10 f25 ccsb 6.4 40k miles . Dpf has been deleted since day one . But really nervous after all the reading . I've had an 08 6.7 cummins and an 08 Lmm Duramax . Liked them both , just want to stay with something reliable and nice

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 82

Randall12v

Reaction score
I've had a 06 5.9, 03 LB7, and a few 12v's and my 09 6.4 is by far the nicest truck but fuel mileage sucks compared to the others I've owned. Power is great though, only trouble with mine has been the radiator which was a little pricey.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
just stash $10k in a coffee can somewhere and forget about it... you'll need it sooner than later with a 6.4...

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Yea well after they raise your cab and remove and take apart your high psi fuel pump and find any reason to claim contamination your denied and stuck with a cab off truck in a million pieces and them quoting you $10k to repair it

sootie

Reaction score
take that truck by River City Diesel in Peoria and have them check it out.

main things to check are dried coolant around the degas bottle, (or if that has been cleaned up, look above the turbos on the firewall)

check the oil for fuel dilution,

open the oil fill cap when the engine is running and see how much blow by there is, also see if there is a white paste on the cap or booger looking stuff in the canister.

lay on the ground and check for leaks, esp front drivers side corner of radiator.

Randall12v

Reaction score
it's used...you're bound to have issues someday. If you want reliable and cheap to repair, go buy a 12v or even a late 5.9 CR, then truck will rot before the engine gives you big issues. The word "reliable" should not be freely used with any 07+ later engine, the cost for any repairs is significantly higher no matter what the issue, fuel system, emission related, etc.

Customsound

Reaction score
Thanks Guys for the input . I've been around the truck for about 3 years so I know it's been well take. Care of . The hpfp deal is sketchy ! These trucks are so hit an miss on dependability . Jared do these keep you as busy as the. 6.0 ? How do you like your 6.4 in comparison to the other trucks ?

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
Don't be discouraged by all of the 7.3 guys bashing, they hate everything that isn't a 7.3 LOL LOL. Do you know what tuner is on the truck??

Customsound

Reaction score
It's the older sct live wire . Has rcd tunes . I wanna say the 450 525 and 550 tunes . My dad bought it used with 20k mike it was already tuned and dpf deleted I shut off the egr . And plan to delete it .

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Thanks Guys for the input . I've been around the truck for about 3 years so I know it's been well take. Care of . The hpfp deal is sketchy ! These trucks are so hit an miss on dependability . Jared do these keep you as busy as the. 6.0 ? How do you like your 6.4 in comparison to the other trucks ?

If you drive by the shop I think you'd be surprised to see more 6.4 here than 6.0 currently.

I love my 6.7's. More comfortable and more reliable. But 6.4's are power houses.

Customsound

Reaction score
I'm actually not surprised . The guy who owns integ motor sports owned it . You guys did all the work .

Customsound

Reaction score
I think I'm going to pass on the 6.4 . It's such a good looking truck and a power house but I really don't need such an animal . I'd be happier with a 6.7 in either dodge or ford and I was happy with the Duramax . The risk is 50/50 on these things and then add in my luck and it's gonna fail me lol . Any know what a 2010 Lariet ccsb with 38k miles . 2.5 leveling kit . Air bags rcd tunes sct tuner air intake and magnaflow dpf delete is worth ?

johnp115

Reaction score
lay on the ground and check for leaks, esp front drivers side corner of radiator.

Is the front corner rad leak gonna be the radiator starting to go? Or the tubes? Mine is starting to leak from front corner of rad and I can't pinpoint where it's starting. I do have the white tunes too.

johnp115

Reaction score
I think I'm going to pass on the 6.4 . It's such a good looking truck and a power house but I really don't need such an animal . I'd be happier with a 6.7 in either dodge or ford and I was happy with the Duramax . The risk is 50/50 on these things and then add in my luck and it's gonna fail me lol . Any know what a 2010 Lariet ccsb with 38k miles . 2.5 leveling kit . Air bags rcd tunes sct tuner air intake and magnaflow dpf delete is worth ?

The truck honestly sounds like a good find. I wouldn't be scared of it.

Customsound

Reaction score
Just had the hose replaced to the "new " design with two o rings had it taken in because he thought it was covered under ext warranty and 300$ later it's not

Members online

No members online now.