Please quit using the wrong oil filters and ruining your engines...

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Actually the fram and other aftermarket filters are not just rebranded OEM filters, if you look at them they all look different. One of my neighbors was using fram filters and i told him over and over again to use the motorcraft filters and he didnt listen. About a month ago his truck started losing oil pressure at idle on the guage and a week later his truck would no longer start. He now has a fresh motor in it because of this.

Actually they are. Open the boxes. They are all identical filters.

Atsah

Reaction score
Im not a fan of wix period. I HATE EM.

Stick with motocraft filters and suck up the price.

WIX makes some well made filters for gassers/tractors ect.. I have used them all my life and IMO I really don't think there is a better oil filter made.. The 6.0 needs the Motorcraft due to it's specific design.. IMO the Motorcraft filter itself is nothing special but it works..

Jarrod B

Reaction score
WIX makes some well made filters for gassers/tractors ect.. I have used them all my life and IMO I really don't think there is a better oil filter made.. The 6.0 needs the Motorcraft due to it's specific design.. IMO the Motorcraft filter itself is nothing special but it works..

I ran into a wix fuel filter issue on my last truck that got me not wanting them again.

however i do use them for my coolant filters.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Actually they are. Open the boxes. They are all identical filters.

If you're saying every filter is the same you're wrong...if you're saying the snap in filters that fit the original cap are the same then ya you're right

It got confusing to me on what you're trying to say because the filters that come with a new cap are totally different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
If you're saying every filter is the same you're wrong...if you're saying the snap in filters that fit the original cap are the same then ya you're right

It got confusing to me on what you're trying to say because the filters that come with a new cap are totally different

No, I was saying Fram, O'Reilly's house brand, and Motorcraft are all the same reboxed RACOR filter.

I would NEVER use a Fram on ANYTHING, but somebody told me that on the 6.0/6.4 oil filter they're actually reboxed RACOR. Then found out the O'Reilly's house filter is the same thing.

Trust me, I didn't believe it either till I seen't it w/ my own eyes! LOL

tumblr_luzuqjhO4X1qjv7jto1_500.jpg

Jhaddox

Reaction score
No, I was saying Fram, O'Reilly's house brand, and Motorcraft are all the same reboxed RACOR filter.

I would NEVER use a Fram on ANYTHING, but somebody told me that on the 6.0/6.4 oil filter they're actually reboxed RACOR. Then found out the O'Reilly's house filter is the same thing.

Trust me, I didn't believe it either till I seen't it w/ my own eyes! LOL

tumblr_luzuqjhO4X1qjv7jto1_500.jpg

LOL ok we're on the same page then

Atsah

Reaction score
It's pretty simple.. If you drive a 6.0, use Motorcraft oil and fuel filters allways, if you do, you eliminate the filter being an issue when you truck isn't running correctly and us 6.0 guys know it's not if, it's when..:doh:

Zmann

Reaction score
Even if true and Fram and O'Rileys and others are Re boxed Racors

who guarantees next month/week/year/already they won't strike a deal with Wix ?

or worse ?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score

who guarantees next month/week/year/already they won't strike a deal with Wix ?

or worse ?

Not sure on Orileys but FRAM is NOT a Racor filter. Racor and Motorcraft are how ever the same filter.

Zmann

Reaction score
I wasn't agreeing with the statement that they were All Racor's

I stated

and I wasn't sold on that fact ,, as far as Motorcraft and Racor being identical

that is a fact and likely not any threat of a change of suppliers to Motorcraft for OEM

so if I neglect to get My Racor ordered on time I get the Motorcraft

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I wasn't agreeing with the statement that they were All Racor's

I stated

and I wasn't sold on that fact ,, as far as Motorcraft and Racor being identical

that is a fact and likely not any threat of a change of suppliers to Motorcraft for OEM

so if I neglect to get My Racor ordered on time I get the Motorcraft

Gotcha

Zmann

Reaction score
I guess if you can open the box before purchase ,,it would ease My mind

but I could see my aftermarket warranty shooting a claim down because I used an off brand filter ,, even though it was the same:mad:

Latest posts

Members online