Please quit using the wrong oil filters and ruining your engines...

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
0913091306.jpg

0913091306a.jpg

How's your mind? Blown? :morons:

Last time I looked at a fram filter they were slightly shorter ( hence why motorcraft came out with the videos of other brands vs there brand and how they didn't fully seat on the drain valve in the oil bowl to close it ) , unless something of recent has changed I don't think they are the same. Also going off of your picture it looks like there are more pleats and tighter pleats on the Motorcraft one than the fram one. Did I just blow your mind ?

Last edited:

SICKS LITER

Reaction score
this has been a big problem for years, ford will deny warranty claims for engine damage because of these filters.

those napa/wix filters have many problems, the biggest is that the overall length is shorter than a motorcraft/stock cap so they dont seat all the way down allowing unfiltered oil to pass threw the other major problem is the bypass valve isnt compressed all the way when its installed.

http://www.powerstrokediesel.com/index/418

http://www.powerstrokediesel.com/docs/6.0LAFTRMRKTOILFLTRSS.pdf

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Last time I looked at a fram filter they were slightly shorter ( hence why motorcraft came out with the videos of other brands vs there brand and how they didn't fully seat on the drain valve in the oil bowl to close it ) , unless something of recent has changed I don't think they are the same. Also going off of your picture it looks like there are more pleats and tighter pleats on the Motorcraft one than the fram one. Did I just blow your mind ?

they both have 52 pleats. They are the same filter

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
they both have 52 pleats. They are the same filter

Your eyes either deceive you or you can't count, look at your own picture. The pleats are spaced further apart yet the filter is the same circumference, its not possible for them to have the same number of pleats given the spacing and dimensions. Even if it was possible the fact that the spacing alone is different would mean that that are not the same filter.

Not trying to start a pissing contest but that's just from looking at the pictures you posted alone.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
The pleats are bent a little bit on the filter on the left. Look at the pleat count/spacing on the inside of the filter where they aren't bent.

Atsah

Reaction score
I have looked at them up close and they seem to be the same filter. For $1 more I allways used the MC.. The one Fram I did open up I did notice the O-ring was crushed/flattened on one side.. Whatever you buy, open the box to make sure the O-ring has been packaged correctly and is completely round like it should be..

I think Fram makes junk products in general but, I believe the Fram equivalent to the 2016 is a Racor filter..

streetglide

Reaction score
I wouldn't use a fram on a lawn mower but those two look identical down to the writing and patent #'s . They put patent #'s on for a reason . Two different company's couldn't produce a filter with the same patent # . Like someone said they have figured out that you have to use that design to not have issues so that just rebox the correct filter . For a dollor difference Ill pay for the name

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

78f100

Reaction score
I'm puting hg's on a truck right now that had a carquest cap and the wrong filter in it. The owner says it hasn't been long since it was put in there, we will see if any damage was done soon.

Those filters do look the same to me but why risk it?

Atsah

Reaction score
If someone goes out and buys a 6.0, they need to know more about it than any other previous vehicle they have ever owned or they will pay for there ignorance that's for damn sure..

SICKS LITER

Reaction score
heres some good pictures of a stock filter with a napa cap that i took of a customers truck..

Attachments

• Random 032.jpg
    Random 032.jpg
    960 KB · Views: 215
  • Random 034.jpg
    Random 034.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 218
  • Random 033.jpg
    Random 033.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 209

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
If you'd like, Ican forward the email I just got from Parker-Racor this morning confirming that they do indeed make the filter in the Fram boxes.

But I'm sure you'd rather email them yourself.

Charles

Reaction score

With stupidity....

Those two filters obviously rolled off the exact same machine. Anyone arguing that the Fram is made somewhere else, or in some other way, after seeing that picture is just being a dumb prick.

You could try to argue that he went out of his way to open up two Motorcraft filters and then set a Fram box behind one if you like, but you cannot try and argue that they didn't come off the same line. They are IDENTICAL. Right down to the font, font size, sticker size, sticker location, so on and so forth. Came off the same machine and you're trying to count pleats. Stop being a moron.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
With stupidity....

Those two filters obviously rolled off the exact same machine. Anyone arguing that the Fram is made somewhere else, or in some other way, after seeing that picture is just being a dumb prick.

You could try to argue that he went out of his way to open up two Motorcraft filters and then set a Fram box behind one if you like, but you cannot try and argue that they didn't come off the same line. They are IDENTICAL. Right down to the font, font size, sticker size, sticker location, so on and so forth. Came off the same machine and you're trying to count pleats. Stop being a moron.

They look identical,imo. The height.in picture.numero uno was.enough for me. The.production text on the end put the.nail in the coffin.

The.moral of.the.story is people.need.to look at parts before they use.them to ascertain they are getting.the correct.shti. Oh and dont.try to help people on a.forum because no good deed goes unpunished.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
If you'd like, Ican forward the email I just got from Parker-Racor this morning confirming that they do indeed make the filter in the Fram boxes.

But I'm sure you'd rather email them yourself.

Just screen capture it and post it on here, like I said unless something has changed as of recent the last time I looked at them they were not the same filter.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
With stupidity....

No need to act like a douche bag, like I said already last time I looked at them they were not the same filter. The patent #'s and what not obviously look the same but that doesn't necessarily mean the filter media between the caps is the same as the next one. Again like I have stated in here several time they were not the same, maybe its changed since I last looked at one. We use Motorcraft and Racor here not cheapy Frams.

yeehaw

Reaction score
reason at our store (napa) i keep the motorcraft filters in stock not the wix filters, looks weird having the random red boxs thrown in the gold ones BUT it's the right ones to run on these trucks

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Just screen capture it and post it on here, like I said unless something has changed as of recent the last time I looked at them they were not the same filter.

would rather not openly post my info, but I'll gladly forward it to you if you'd like

it's been the same filter for years :eek:

duddy

Reaction score
would rather not openly post my info, but I'll gladly forward it to you if you'd like

it's been the same filter for years :eek:

Have you seen anything comparing the fleetguard filter, since ive seen an ok from international to run it, though looking at some info, found a build spec to be one letter off.

Not sure what to think

Latest posts

Members online