pmr's make a mess

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
I hate getting into tuner wars, but i didnt like my tuning one bit. Im not a tuning guru either, but my truck hit 1800+ degrees on a 20 to 30 second wide open run. And smoked none stop pretty much. I dont want to say definitively that my tuning was junk, but everyone can conclude that anyway. But you are right, tuning is a big issue with keeping pmr's happy.

Who did your tuning?
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I believe he was running DP

Junior. I can peg both pyros in less then 10 seconds in my drag tune.

However as for the smoke, Matts tunes are very clean.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Well somewhere an assumption is being made in all that. One that I think a lot of people would disagree with.

Agreed. I towed in the hottest tune on the PMR motor, BTW. Only time, litterally, that it ever came out of the hot tune was to go to high idle.

Get a used forged motor for 1k, swap stuff over. Easy as that.

That's what my second vid is basically.

Layson

Reaction score
I wish I had seen it.. Gotta be videos somewhere of it runnin right?

And oh theres some old man that hauls RV's and racked up over a million miles last I heard and still goin on an 02 pmr motor.

Used to be on YouTube. But kainers deleted it off his account. Besides the fact that he completely smoked out the shop. All you could see was the flash of the camera inside the cab. He wanted to capture the moment jizzy blew! If he had gotten the right tunes he would have easily put 500 plus down.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
:eek: Didn't Kainers finally blow that truck up?

Jizzy did finally blow up. It was not on a dyno or anything of the sort. It was on the way home from the grosery store, like most PMR's fail.

After a lot of use and abuse.

Kainers ran older Dp tuning, with a blue CPS... I drove that truck several times over the years, it was a beast.

There is no video of Jizzy blowing.

juniort444e

Reaction score
It was on the way home from the grosery store, like most PMR's fail.

Isnt that the truth. :fustrate:

I believe he was running DP

Junior. I can peg both pyros in less then 10 seconds in my drag tune.

However as for the smoke, Matts tunes are very clean.

Who did your tuning?

Yes, Dp. And what is your drag truck running for injectors and turbo. I dont even want to think what it ran while i sled pulled either, im still nervous when i pull, as i dont have enough time in the seat for that and get really anxious. I cant wait for matts tunes.

And to whom ever said to buy a motor and swap it, i just might be doing that. Very soon, so im excited to get to have my wheels back, and with Matts tunes, and forged rods. Then the other motor is still getting built the right way. Lets hope it works out.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
Isnt that the truth. :fustrate:

Yes, Dp. And what is your drag truck running for injectors and turbo. I dont even want to think what it ran while i sled pulled either, im still nervous when i pull, as i dont have enough time in the seat for that and get really anxious. I cant wait for matts tunes.

And to whom ever said to buy a motor and swap it, i just might be doing that. Very soon, so im excited to get to have my wheels back, and with Matts tunes, and forged rods. Then the other motor is still getting built the right way. Lets hope it works out.

Hope everything works out for ya bud!

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
Still searching for that design I really like. I think I'm going to end up doing the black on top with gray on bottom with the blue to break it up.

Marty

Reaction score
2002 F250

Mod List as follows:
230cc A Codes - Casserly
38r with Banks elbow
ITP style Regulated return
Fass Fuel System
DP F5 Chip
SouthBend Double Disk Clutch

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Not really...

I ran 238/80 hybrids, 38r, 40% meth on my PMR motor for about 30k...

Elite tuning however.

Im gonna disagree, I wouldnt trust a PMR as far as I can throw it..

I blew mine with ballsy mods.. All she had was a single tune.... One that probably shared a common with alot of failed 7.3s

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Im gonna disagree, I wouldnt trust a PMR as far as I can throw it..

I blew mine with ballsy mods.. All she had was a single tune.... One that probably shared a common with alot of failed 7.3s

I have no fear of PMR's... There fine if the person tuning them understands what the HELL they are doing.

My PMR's are still in the shop, the forged rods out of the green motor are too... but the block could not stand up to the pounding.

:fustrate:

To add to that, my wife is running PMR's with AC's and a 38R. I have NO fear of the PMR's coming out for a walk. NONE.

Of course I know who tuned it as well.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I have no fear of PMR's... There fine if the person tuning them understands what the HELL they are doing.

My PMR's are still in the shop, the forged rods out of the green motor are too... but the block could not stand up to the pounding.

:fustrate:

To add to that, my wife is running PMR's with AC's and a 38R. I have NO fear of the PMR's coming out for a walk. NONE.

That was more or less what I ment.

Strokersace

Reaction score

Joe, doesn't her 38r and your old setup on the truck have 1.15 exhaust housings?

If so, then that helps explain they those 2 setups have withstood. (tuning aside).

I personally wouldn't run a 38r with the wg 1.0 housing because of the retarded amount of backpressure. 1.15, maybe.

Latest posts

Members online