Poor mileage question

CaptShaggy

Reaction score
full weight loss on my 13...Hwy getting 22.7, around town(mostly open country roads) averaging 18.5. I will admit that I drive like my grandfather. haven't had a chance to haul the boat long distance yet, but will be this weekend, will post numbers after.
yes these are hand calc numbers...no lie-o-meter 9however its only been off by .5mpg

TrickTruck

Reaction score
OMG, my new '16 gets horrible mileage. Mid to low 13s w/ round about town driving//mixed highway. Maybe 14 on the highway at speed.

My dieted and tuned '12 w/ g3arhead tunes got easy 18mpg on the highway at 80 and 16/17 around town.

The '16 is stock except has the same tires as the '12 did, just transferred them over. Sort of surprises me that the new truck gets 3-4mpg worse mileage, but I guess a diet and tune can make a big difference

sootie

Reaction score
OMG, my new '16 gets horrible mileage. Mid to low 13s w/ round about town driving//mixed highway. Maybe 14 on the highway at speed.

My dieted and tuned '12 w/ g3arhead tunes got easy 18mpg on the highway at 80 and 16/17 around town.

The '16 is stock except has the same tires as the '12 did, just transferred them over. Sort of surprises me that the new truck gets 3-4mpg worse mileage, but I guess a diet and tune can make a big difference

bigger/laggier turbo makes a difference. Also, not sure how many miles you have on but after about 20k the mileage usually improves.

Jomax

Reaction score

My 15 gets 14.5-15 driving 80-85. I probably get 16-18 of I'd keep it at 70-75.

Best I ever saw was 17.8 when the truck only had like 15k miles and I was driving @ 75mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08Monster

Reaction score
I took the plunge and ordered dletes from Mike. Intention was to keep this one stock for a while.... Lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
2015 F350 SRW CCLB w/Nitto 275's: I've been able to maintain over 16 MPG since March '15. My regular driving sees 16+ in town, well over 17+ at HWY speeds. I can easily get to 18+MPG on HWY while sustaining over 70 MPH over 6-8 hours of driving. I think it's all in the tuning to get another solid 1-2MPG out of it especially for the HWY mileage. I may go back to some old tuning files to see if I can duplicate the solid gains I was seeing before tuning revisions. Maybe change tuning companies, maybe change tuning platforms.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
2015 F350 SRW CCLB w/Nitto 275's: I've been able to maintain over 16 MPG since March '15. My regular driving sees 16+ in town, well over 17+ at HWY speeds. I can easily get to 18+MPG on HWY while sustaining over 70 MPH over 6-8 hours of driving. I think it's all in the tuning to get another solid 1-2MPG out of it especially for the HWY mileage. I may go back to some old tuning files to see if I can duplicate the solid gains I was seeing before tuning revisions. Maybe change tuning companies, maybe change tuning platforms.

I agree with this. I lost 3-4mpg by changing tuning companies...

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Care to share an opinion on both?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It's a situation where a lot has changed when I think about it. I should have stated that in my first post.

First Scenario: stock 14 turbo with 5" exhaust, no limit IC and 5" intake on 35x12.5R20 toyo MT tires. 17-19mpg GH Tuned

Second Scenario: Midwest 65.5 Streetmax, Midwest dual fuelers and piping kit. Same 5" exhaust, intake and IC setup. 325/60R20 tires. 13-15mpg Midwest Tuned

The trucks runs very good so I can complain other then I should downsize tires and see what that nets me first. (Tires are down to 30%)

Jomax

Reaction score

How the heck? Man, when you say over 70mph. How fast you talking?

Who's tunes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
It's a situation where a lot has changed when I think about it. I should have stated that in my first post.

First Scenario: stock 14 turbo with 5" exhaust, no limit IC and 5" intake on 35x12.5R20 toyo MT tires. 17-19mpg GH Tuned

Second Scenario: Midwest 65.5 Streetmax, Midwest dual fuelers and piping kit. Same 5" exhaust, intake and IC setup. 325/60R20 tires. 13-15mpg Midwest Tuned

The trucks runs very good so I can complain other then I should downsize tires and see what that nets me first. (Tires are down to 30%)
its prolly the turbo and more fuel.. lol.. the 15 style turbos net lower mpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

dsmracing1

Reaction score
its prolly the turbo and more fuel.. lol.. the 15 style turbos net lower mpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yes, I definitely agree. I know the tires did make a difference too. It seems to have gone up a bit now since I've dropped my toolbox and 75gallon slip tank out as well haha. I don't use the truck for work anymore so I haven't done a long distance run to see what it does with the less weight. It's more or less my camping truck now lol.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I get 19-20 at 70 with my 16

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I used to get that with my 2016 6.7 until the dealer supposedly did a injector replacement and now I'm down to 14 whether I'm towing or running Empty

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.