Porting exhaust manifolds?

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
OK would you be willing to offer advice? In anyway possible so i am not interfering with GOGO's business

strokin6L

Reaction score
OK would you be willing to offer advice? In anyway possible so i am not interfering with GOGO's business

you would not be interfering with Doug's business cause he sells his own ported intake manifold...not ported heads. And back to the exhaust manifold gaskets....they didn't come with them from the factory. But if you end up taking the manifolds off, you should put a set of gaskets on from ford. Again, ford sells them, but they didn't come with them from the factory.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Do you know how to weld cast?

Well i just want to make sure you know were talking about the exhaust headers not the intake manifold.

Edit: I also want you to know i have every intention on sending my intake to gogo when i get ready for that to be done!

Last edited:

little luke

Reaction score
I had my intake cleaned then decided I was going to gasket match the ports, then I put the gasket to the intake and the heads and realized it was already a tight fit, so I didnt screw with it. I could have smoothed out the ports, and if your bored enough then go for it, But I was in need of my truck back so I didnt have time.

Irontx

Reaction score
I wouldnt mess with any of it. Take the chance of messing something up for next to nothing of a gain. Unless your trying to shave off tenths on your full built race truck..........
Lots of other things you could focus your attn on.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
as for the intake its just something I want. As for porting the headers this is a spare set I figured why not. Plus I get bored at night

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
So after screwing with these headers for a while ive come to a conclusion that the 6.0l headers were designed pretty flawlessly. So new plan. There getting the insides smoothed and cleaned out.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i didnt see any reason to *** with them either honestly, im sure there are some gains to be had by polishing every posible bend and stuff but man, alot of work for little gains i think. Ricer guys are known for doing that, and im sure it helps, we could spend more time making are trucks lighter than making more power LOL

jdgleason

Reaction score
So after screwing with these headers for a while ive come to a conclusion that the 6.0l headers were designed pretty flawlessly. So new plan. There getting the insides smoothed and cleaned out.

Lol good call. Its cool to do your own projects and stuff like that sometimes tho. Especially if you have the downtime. I guess they must flow pretty well... cuz stock ones are being used for the high hp 6.4 builds lol. Maybe you could clean them up and paint them for somethin to do. That would look nice

Dzchey21

Reaction score
VHT makes a decent paint for exhaust stuff, lasts about a year, but they do look nice, the cast manifold seam to hold rust in for some reason, i have seen ceramic coated manifolds still look like poopy after a year, wierd how cast acts sometimes.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Must just be how porous it is I guess? But ya... it probably wont look beautiful forever. Im sure you can do some kind of rust prep to get most of it out. In the end its an exhaust part LOL

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Some people have their manifolds sandblasted first, then painted, coated, etc., Takes most of the crap and flaw out of the material. Prep is key, just like with anything

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
The rust is def engraved in. But like i said i was just bored. Im cleaning the heads now, if they are cracked will i be able to see it?

buschpoweredstroker

Reaction score
not that it happens often, but smoothing the rough spots decreases your chance of a crack if you run high egt's... rough spots or high spots capture and hold more heat making that area of the manifold hotter... so yeah, do it up but like others said, i wouldn't spend a lot of time on them unless it makes you happy and keeps you out of trouble

Latest posts

Members online