Powerstroke214's build thread

acf6

Reaction score
hmmm

20140616_125748_zpsvmv4dk9c.jpg

lol. looks a lot better, wheels change any trucks look so much

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Looks good, do you know the offset on those?

Thanks man! Yea, -12mm, rubs like a mofo on the driver wheel well lol. I'm debating on what to do about it…might try a zip tie, I was gonna trim, but it won't be enough. I think I'll get an adjustable trac bar and center the axle, then trim how much I need, so I don't cut half of it out, then only need 1/4th cut with the axle centered lol.

Trac bar or trac bar bracket is the question now. If anyone has any insight, that'd be appreciated.

Future plans are carli coils and possibly a 1" spacer at most, if that will change anything. I kinda like the height now.

hmmm

20140616_125748_zpsvmv4dk9c.jpg

lol. looks a lot better, wheels change any trucks look so much

Hmm…wheels look similar…so does the truck…

Lol, you got good tastes :toast:

slightly less homo

Lol, only a little

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
Thanks man! Yea, -12mm, rubs like a mofo on the driver wheel well lol. I'm debating on what to do about it…might try a zip tie, I was gonna trim, but it won't be enough. I think I'll get an adjustable trac bar and center the axle, then trim how much I need, so I don't cut half of it out, then only need 1/4th cut with the axle centered lol.

Trac bar or trac bar bracket is the question now. If anyone has any insight, that'd be appreciated.

Future plans are carli coils and possibly a 1" spacer at most, if that will change anything. I kinda like the height now.

you dont want to just do an adjustable track bar because the angle will still be off. a drop track bar mount is a better choice. did you do radius drop mounts as well? if not-the bump steer/road feel may get pretty bad.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
What wheels are those?

Garrett

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Raceline renegades, closest I could get to weld Cheyennes lol, and for a pretty good price.

you dont want to just do an adjustable track bar because the angle will still be off. a drop track bar mount is a better choice. did you do radius drop mounts as well? if not-the bump steer/road feel may get pretty bad.

No, just a spacer.

What all do I "need" to get it perfect?

sootie

Reaction score
No, just a spacer.

What all do I "need" to get it perfect?

Trevor "NotStock" is your man for that question. obviously budget comes into play. from experience, i did just spacers first and the shifted axle and terrible bump steer prodded me to get radius arm drop brackets and a drop track bar bracket. then i got it aligned and it needed a ton of caster. it drives pretty well now.

someone on here probably sells the rough country 3" kit minus the springs and that will be the cheapest way imo.

lots of guys will suggest more expensive options that are probably nicer but not so nice on the wallet LOL

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
My 18x10s didn't rub. But I didn't do 35s because I'm a raging homo.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I came " " this close to buying those from you, but at the time, the plan was either Toyo MTs or trail graps for my 18s or even better, the same on factory 20s, because I was thinking of doing 20x10 fuel Kranks. But I'm digging this setup.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403907109.238584.jpg
This pic makes me ponder doing a roll pan…anyone have pics of a 2 tone truck with chrome chit on it, and a roll pan? Since I'm not gonna do away with the chrome bumper up front, and I got dem shiny rimz, I'm curious as to how the ass will look with the ptm pan. Might look better with a HD grill too…

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Not much going on. Boss is letting me borrow an 03 this coming weekend, gonna swap turbos. Ordered new ic boots pink hot side blue cold side and a metal cold side pipe from riff raff.

Any turbo install tips will be much appreciated.

johnp115

Reaction score
Not much going on. Boss is letting me borrow an 03 this coming weekend, gonna swap turbos. Ordered new ic boots pink hot side blue cold side and a metal cold side pipe from riff raff.

Any turbo install tips will be much appreciated.

On the 6.0 its pretty straight forward. Move the alternator out of your way and that makes it even easier.