Pro Stock Powerstroke Mustang

Dzchey21

Reaction score
That would be sweet and was considered. But that also adds complexity. There is also a great unknown with that set up.

no and i totally get where you are coming from. The 6.7 stuff has just started to really take off recently. You are looking for something more tried and true so i get it. And you are right about the complexity you have to have the dash and all the ecm's to make it run smart junction box ect ect the list goes on, and there is plenty that can ruin a pass. Bad sensor, faulty reading, phantom code ect could hinder from a clean pass. So after doing some thinking i see where your going and i dont blame you. We battled stupid stuff like that all year with Hallers truck it seamed like. We dumbed down the transmission control to a PCS and things started working much better but of course too late in the season to really make any progress.

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
What info have you given that is helpful or useful to the build? Other than you think the 6.4 and 6.7 are the cream of the crop?

i see the 7.3 die tards will be strong in this one LOL

I may have over stepped on that one. To my logic it didnt make sense but i do agree with what Matt is doing. We fought so much stupid crap this year its unreal and frustrating. Least with mechanical you push the pedal and it fuels no matter what.

97stoker350

Reaction score
Not swinging on any nuts it's just I think I speak for a lot of people when I say I get tired of mods flaming people just because they think they can. It's not anyone's build but Matt's and the comments about he should have built a 6.4 are not needed. 6.4 cannot do what a mechanical anything can do period when it comes to power and simplicity and I think that is the goal here right?

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Not swinging on any nuts it's just I think I speak for a lot of people when I say I get tired of mods flaming people just because they think they can. It's not anyone's build but Matt's and the comments about he should have built a 6.4 are not needed. 6.4 cannot do what a mechanical anything can do period when it comes to power and simplicity and I think that is the goal here right?

How about if you have a problem with it, start another thread. Don't ***k this thread up. Simple...

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i didnt flame anyone i just said i was questioning the logic.

But nothing can do what mechanical 7.3s can do NOTHING! LOL

madman1234509

Reaction score
^^ exactly.... I wasn't trying to start an argument over it. And like I said the car is going to be ridiculous regardless, and obvious he has thought a lot more into it, and his point makes complete sense...

The 7.3 guys can have their 7.3s and keep making 300hp, and Ill be over here making 1k+ with stock internals. Its really all there is to it. The 7.3 is an old archaic design, and there is new, modern stuff out that makes double the power in stock form.... So yes.... I'd say the 6.4 and 6.7 are cream of the crops...

97stoker350

Reaction score
Your right it is simple to accept the fact that he went with a 7.3 for a reason and not anything else.

At any rate I'm done carry on fellas

Dzchey21

Reaction score
What does being a mod have to do with it? And I doubt he was even talking 6.4. Pretty sure we all wanted to see a built, tripled, 6.7 lol

Thats my thinking, I always want to see the current platform in the running for big numbers. This just goes back to the fundamentals of first on race day first to the dealer. Thats all. It means nothing for what Matt is building but thats just how i think.

AzPsd55

Reaction score
I never noticed how big that pump actually is, its friggin huge. This should be a fun setup, good luck on the build

Jbenso127

Reaction score
190c72566fc36cd3960f9114dfbafd53.jpg
I don't have a dog in this fight but this was a little uncalled for. I would consider this bashing. The guy made a joke. Big deal. I didn't expect that from you, of all people, Dustin.

Sorry for the derail Matt! So flipping excited for this build. It's making a lot faster progress than I expected.

Latest posts

Members online