Pro Stock Powerstroke Mustang

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Na I'm just more of a common rail fan and anywhere you can cut weight while still making power is good in my book. I'm sure this thing will be retarded fast.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Mechanical injection can't be beat in an all out race only application due to the virtually limitless amount of fuel you can move.. But I feel like I always see the high hp guys having issues with blowing the block apart on the 7.3 block, even after filling it.. What's the secret to keeping these together?

spongebob915

Reaction score
Mechanical injection can't be beat in an all out race only application due to the virtually limitless amount of fuel you can move.. But I feel like I always see the high hp guys having issues with blowing the block apart on the 7.3 block, even after filling it.. What's the secret to keeping these together?

He is using the hypermax CGI block. Supposed to-be %60 stronger according to hypermax.

jngreen

Reaction score
Na I'm just more of a common rail fan and anywhere you can cut weight while still making power is good in my book. I'm sure this thing will be retarded fast.

Isn't a 7.3 roughly the same weight as a 6.0. I bet a 6.4 is heavier than a 7.3.

spongebob915

Reaction score
The 7.3 is the lightest of the powerstroke engines

And this engine will make 1500hp fuel only won't need a 500hp shot of nitrous to make that power

Last edited:

madman1234509

Reaction score
or a 6.7 with tripples.... MPD had very promising results for the short time they had tripples on their truck, and they didn't even have big nozzles on it, and no nitrous. Tuning is electronic and limitless. Modern motor, with plenty of room to grow.

Even a 6.4 with tripples has enough fuel to make big power. The 150% nozzles are hardly ever touched unless people are running tons of nitrous because it is just flat out too much fuel. Custom intake manifold with a good set of ported heads and youre well over 1000hp. A good set of twins makes 1000 with 100% nozzles. Is it Wagler that made heads for Jared Rice? I saw their duramax heads at TS, and they were impressive. I bet their 6.4 heads will be just as impressive, and the stock heads are the biggest restriction when it comes to making big power.

Sure mechanical injection has its place in high horsepower applications. But I still think the 7.3 is completely out dated.

madman1234509

Reaction score
What's complex about it other than tuning is done on a computer? Also, you can data log any single thing you want to dial in tuning... I'd say the more correct term would be modern. I could talk all day about a 6.4 and it's simple to me.... ask me about the motor you're using, and it's complex. Not trying to bash your build, its going to be awesome regardless. I just keep seeing people using old archaic technology on these projects that they want to be competitive in the highest of classes.

Built4tq

Reaction score
you otta just stand back and let everyone else build it for you matt. clearly, your clueless......

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
The fastest diesels run mechanical injection.

Ether way this conversation was already discussed. This is what we decided on. It may be old but it makes power.

Latest posts

Members online