Pro Stock Powerstroke Mustang

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
What is a programmable throttle arm actuator?

we are using a little air cylinder on part of the linkage on the throttle arm and it will be hooked to a computer that will control a solenoid to gradually apply throttle as a way to kind of have some tuning ability with this motor. Im also thinking about using it to spool the chargers on the line. If we can fine tune it enough I can have a set program to spool and all I do once I hit full stage is hold it WOT and when I release the trans brake it will progressively ramp up throttle input to match the track conditions we experience (or what level of competition we are facing)

so pretty much like a progressive nitrous controller but for the throttle

Harleyx

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Cutting edge, not sure if you just like super heavy engines , throwing countless dollars into projects never conquered before to be the first, or just have more dollars than bill gates, but coming from the drag racing world before I got into this insanely expensive diesel mod world in terms of parts, why, oh why would you ever want to put a diesel in a race car. I mean by all means do what floats your boat, but is there a class for these you are going for? I'm obviously not telling you anything you don't know by saying there is much cheaper, lighter, proven, power making gasser ls/hemi/bbc/bbf nitrous turbo procharged etc combos that will out run this car for half the dime and hold for over 100 passes with aluminum rods even. Not hating, just curious about your goals. I do give you props for originality, definitely give you that, just very interested in why.

Harleyx

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
we are diesel drag racers..... why would we put a gasser in it? LOL

I guess that answers my question lol. You must just hate spark plugs lol. Is that a p pump 7.3? And what turbo is that primary? Why do diesels run compounds versus paralells like 3500 hp gassers? What compression if you don't mind me asking? I'm trying to learn

Harleyx

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Also, alot of very pretty fabrication work on the welds and manifolds. You are a very talented fab man if that's your work. Also what kind of psi do p pump lines work with? At wot

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
yeah its a hypermax p pump 7.3 motor.

its a 107/96/1.42 hypermax charger

Diesels like PSI. this set up will put out 150-175psi (reason for the lack of intercooler) there are diesels with parallel chargers and in this class as a mater of fact but they rely more on nitrous more than the chargers. It would be like a nitrous motor vs a turbo motor in the gas world basically.

Jomax

Reaction score
Convertor got hand delivered on Friday. Bruno drive is in Texas getting the lock up fixed. And the fuel cell and oil tank are being fabbed up currently. Still on track for the NHRDA season opener for debut.

Still on the list,
Throttle linkage
Fuel shut of linkage
Programable throttle arm actuator
Radiator
Plumbing
Race pac
Wireing
24v remote starting
Paint
Powder coat
Ceramic coat
Chassis set up
Spring rate
Fiberglass work
Front intake
Air knife
parachute
Window net
Air lines for Lenco
Finish welding header
Boost braces for all connections
Drip pan

Plus a lot more im sure

Yeah we are close LOL

I'll be at the season opener! It's finally back in Az!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMart

Reaction score
Convertor got hand delivered on Friday. Bruno drive is in Texas getting the lock up fixed. And the fuel cell and oil tank are being fabbed up currently. Still on track for the NHRDA season opener for debut.

Still on the list,
Throttle linkage
Fuel shut of linkage
Programable throttle arm actuator
Radiator
Plumbing
Race pac
Wireing
24v remote starting
Paint
Powder coat
Ceramic coat
Chassis set up
Spring rate
Fiberglass work
Front intake
Air knife
parachute
Window net
Air lines for Lenco
Finish welding header
Boost braces for all connections
Drip pan

Plus a lot more im sure

Yeah we are close LOL

Ill get the window net for you. That should save you tons of time.

imelmo

Reaction score
we are using a little air cylinder on part of the linkage on the throttle arm and it will be hooked to a computer that will control a solenoid to gradually apply throttle as a way to kind of have some tuning ability with this motor. Im also thinking about using it to spool the chargers on the line. If we can fine tune it enough I can have a set program to spool and all I do once I hit full stage is hold it WOT and when I release the trans brake it will progressively ramp up throttle input to match the track conditions we experience (or what level of competition we are facing)

so pretty much like a progressive nitrous controller but for the throttle

That'll be awesome.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Got to check out the convertor it's pretty Beefy the other half of it is all billet.

We got altronics on board with their dash and data loger aswell

97F78FD6-D5C0-400C-B712-43AABEF2F608_zpsosjlqcal.jpg

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Went to Holzmans today to pick up some tubing for another project. So I have an update on the mustang. The oil tank turned out awesome. Love how it's slim and out of the way but still holds 5gals.

723C3A15-4861-493E-8E5D-78026AD01ECF_zpsluchtnvo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online