Pro Stock Powerstroke Mustang

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
We were going to have to next day parts and it is probably going to get canceled anyway so it wasn't worth it to work that hard to make it to risk missing something because we rushed. 90% chance of morning rain and 45* high. Not that great racing weather!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
We were going to have to next day parts and it is probably going to get canceled anyway so it wasn't worth it to work that hard to make it to risk missing something because we rushed. 90% chance of morning rain and 45* high. Not that great racing weather!
as much as we all want to see it run.. it is way better to play it safe then be sorry later! smart move man!

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Found a crack in our header collector that went almost all the way around. Happened Before our 139mph 1/8 mile pass. I now have it beefed up and we are fixing some more leaks. It blew out another new t6 gasket on the high pressure side. We have a new style gasket to try. Hopfully that will gain us our 25psi we are down. That would mean about roughly 300hp. Also have new parts for the trans brake in with spares. I was leaving with 35psi on the foot brake. I hope to leave with 60psi on the trans brake. If I can loose .10 on the 60 it will be huge gains in the 1/4.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
here is a picture of the crack. It was lacing 1.5'' from completely coming apart. It is welded up a little beefier now.

17190405_10208350880556676_1737902229015619874_n.jpg

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Update.

We were getting ready to load it in the trailer last Thursday and had issues with the new trans brake band sticking. Got that all figured out and were warming it up to test it and found some problems. We burned a hole in #8 piston. I'm thinking it must have happened several weeks ago on one of our runs where we were messing with the water injection. Of course we forgot to data log our multi gear run where I think it happened. But fairly confident that our last time out when we went 5.29 and 139 in the 1/8th because all of those runs we averaged about 1450* during the runs. So that's pretty promising!

New piston is being cut now. We have already done an in frame hone and were able to clean up the bore with the tolerances we were allowed so that's good. Heads got sent out for
Some updates. I'm hoping to have it back up and running next week. But sadly this means no Phoenix race for us.

We are also talking about changing up the turbo set up. Wanting to try a GTX5533R Gen II 94mm single in place of our compounds. Would be able to loose 200lbs and flow very close to the same with lower boost pressures and less stress on the motor. We are going to be testing on the engine dyno first so for now the motor in the car will be compounded.

I'll try to get pictures uploaded today.

psduser1

Reaction score
Update.

We were getting ready to load it in the trailer last Thursday and had issues with the new trans brake band sticking. Got that all figured out and were warming it up to test it and found some problems. We burned a hole in #8 piston. I'm thinking it must have happened several weeks ago on one of our runs where we were messing with the water injection. Of course we forgot to data log our multi gear run where I think it happened. But fairly confident that our last time out when we went 5.29 and 139 in the 1/8th because all of those runs we averaged about 1450* during the runs. So that's pretty promising!

New piston is being cut now. We have already done an in frame hone and were able to clean up the bore with the tolerances we were allowed so that's good. Heads got sent out for
Some updates. I'm hoping to have it back up and running next week. But sadly this means no Phoenix race for us.

We are also talking about changing up the turbo set up. Wanting to try a GTX5533R Gen II 94mm single in place of our compounds. Would be able to loose 200lbs and flow very close to the same with lower boost pressures and less stress on the motor. We are going to be testing on the engine dyno first so for now the motor in the car will be compounded.

I'll try to get pictures uploaded today.
Is a single 55 going to be enough to keep up with your fuel? Or are you going to pull fuel back a bit?

Latest posts

Members online