procharger?

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
So anybody ever run a procharger on a 7.3? I was thinking it would be pretty bad ass to compound a 7.3 with a procharger. I'm just looking to see if anybody has experience with a procharger. I know empire has a kit so somebody has to have run one.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Here's a video of Buddy's truck hen it had the procharger on it

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HCfYpe0s6Qs

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AZZiLiU2528

There is a guy on PSN who lives over here by me who has an empire kit on his truck with a 38r. Tyler said it was an animal on the street and he could tow anything up any grade without EGT's being an issue. I've always wanted to see what an F2r would do out front. I think the only one to try it is Hotstik but I'm not sure that truck is running yet.

Also, I'm sure Danny can give you some insight. He had a kit on one of his 6.0L's.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1BTAkguC7pc

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
Tyler H. is running one on his truck, but I don't think he does the forums anymore. Last time I talked to him he loved it! Basically has the same set up as buddy had on his

Layson

Reaction score
Just saw Tyler today... You could probably find him on facebook at Total Metal Innovations...

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
I'll have to do some reading on prochargers but a big procharger coupled with a smaller high pressure turbo would be sweet.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
maybe i should just run a couple f-3r-139's
IMG_14461.jpg

imelmo

Reaction score
That was in the Fordota but we're gonna go a different route now. I believe Empire sold or is selling that engine and Procharger and all. That was a 7.3, highly modded.

blackbetty13

Reaction score
i was gonna buy one off of a truck at DI once of course its instant boost however doesnt it take away power and is there any way of tuning it to where its just instant boost an no extra power? reason im asking is im pushing the connect rods as it is but having instant boost would be nice

imelmo

Reaction score
As fun as it is to drive and race, where it really shines is towing imo. Super cool egt's, virtually zero smoke, no lag. Just awesome. I've got a vid of my 6.0 towing my old Cummings. I'll post it tomorrow.

Dieselcraft

Reaction score
So what size what would you run?
Like let's say if I was to change setup
What platform could I keep my 64/65 with?
I'm thinking off the top of my head to run a procharger (model?)
I would need
Like a s475 or s366
Injectors 225/100 or hybrids?

imelmo

Reaction score
I had my F1C running with a stock turbo for a while. Did just fine. I'd probably say 190/100's or higher. I would also recommend the F1C over the smaller D1SC. Everyone that rode in mine vs a D1SC equipped one said it was a very noticeable difference.

indyF-350psd

Reaction score
i too have been debating the procharger setup.....i run an stock h2e (thinking about modding it) with swamps 175/146 sticks....my truck is a tow rig.....would the F1 charger be better or should i get the smaller D1 charger since i dont have big sticks?

Latest posts

Members online