procharger?

Big Calo

Reaction score
Would it be better to run the procharger as the secondary instead of the atmosphere? Seems to me the response would be even quicker off the line, then you wouldn't have to worry about the procharger not being able to keep up with the turbo.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Sub-ing

I'm saying be selective with your blower and pulley size.

I think I was one off the only people to check boost between stages with a supercharger.

I would say the smaller the turbo the better...it's still you're high pressure turbo so it's going to determine spool

So what you're saying is, it's bad for the turbo to pull a vacuum on the Pro Charger?

I always thought the point of the Pro Charger was to spool the turbo then let the turbo take over?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
I've always been under the impression having a turbo feed the charger doesnt work because the charger doesnt like the pressure. Don't know if its true or not

imelmo

Reaction score
There was a pretty decent article in a fairly recent issue of "Diesel Power" with the different configurations for supercharging a diesel and the benefits/downsides of each. It didn't go into great detail but it was a good overview. I'll see if I can find what issue.

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Would it be better to run the procharger as the secondary instead of the atmosphere? Seems to me the response would be even quicker off the line, then you wouldn't have to worry about the procharger not being able to keep up with the turbo.

Yes! Thank you. It will make more power like that also...
However...
You must to water to air prior to the p/c after the turbo, or that p/c head unit will never take the heat.

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Can it take the pressure?

The pro charger is already going to be doing 45+ off the line. You don't need a high psi small charger for a low psi. A single t6 charger with a big efficient turbine would be interesting to see.

Latest posts

Members online