Progress thread

swinky

Reaction score
I'm thinking it's getting a new engine. No point in dropping more money in a 222k mile engine.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
Run it till it blows. Did you stud it yourself? You're going to need a bigger nozzle. A 30 won't do it with that charger.

It's got 190/75s. I'm thinking I'll just add lifters, pushrods, new hpop and maybe a ported intake mani to this engine. Pse studded it. **** happens, I'm really hard on the truck and he's still willing to make it right. That's all that matters. He's been very good to me.

swinky

Reaction score
Taking it to ford on Monday to confirm or deny blown gaskets via coolant test. May hit the track Sunday for the Hell of it.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Why are you second guessing yourself on the headgaskets?
Unless the dealership is doing it for free, why even bother? Its just gonna cost you more money you don't need to spend, to find out something you already know.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Just outta curiosity, did it puke or are you monitoring pressure in the bottle?

If it is puking, is it doing it all the time? When are you getting the 18-20 psi in the bottle?

Sent while driving, drinking coffee and threatening to kill people in traffic.

swinky

Reaction score
Having some thoughts right now. Guy on here is selling a 150k mile short block for 850 shipped. I could buy that and do this slowly.

Stg1 cam, springs, pushrods, lifters, diesel site hpop blah blah blah. I'd use my heads and all that.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Having some thoughts right now. Guy on here is selling a 150k mile short block for 850 shipped. I could buy that and do this slowly.

Stg1 cam, springs, pushrods, lifters, diesel site hpop blah blah blah. I'd use my heads and all that.

Look man. If Dorian is willing to fix it, let him. He's a good dude that runs a good , honest business. Let him pull the cab and look at yours. May be no need to buy a short block. If he pulls the cab and fixes whatever the issue is. You're not out the money. JMO.

Let the guy offering to make it, make it right.

swinky

Reaction score
Look man. If Dorian is willing to fix it, let him. He's a good dude that runs a good , honest business. Let him pull the cab and look at yours. May be no need to buy a short block. If he pulls the cab and fixes whatever the issue is. You're not out the money. JMO.

Let the guy offering to make it, make it right.

Yeah I know he is willing I'm just not feeling all that great about a 20hr drive. I'd like to wait till October and go to Ennis finals when we fix it but I'm afraid to hurt the block if I run it on blown gaskets that long.

RedRice589

Reaction score
If it's only way up top in boost then just drive it easy you'll be fine I put 30k on my 6.4 after I blew it a 2nd time. Was fine rest udder it and it's still running fine. Just drive it easy don't beat on it lol

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
If it's only way up top in boost then just drive it easy you'll be fine I put 30k on my 6.4 after I blew it a 2nd time. Was fine rest udder it and it's still running fine. Just drive it easy don't beat on it lol

I agree. Does it just puke every once in a while when you go WOT or is it everytime?

swinky

Reaction score
Gonna do a re-torque tomorrow. Shouldn't be too bad of a job. Does that evap canister need to come out?

Latest posts

Members online