Project Truck

Homesteader

Reaction score
On the inner oil pan can it be powder coated? I found a couple of rust bubbles. I will see how much it would be to sand blast and powder coat compared to a new one. Just was wondering what is a good coating for the inside of the oil pan.

Thanks

Last edited:

Homesteader

Reaction score
Ok I'm ready to choose my valve springs. What do you guys prefer? Which is the best?
I know there is comp 910, comp Beehive, WOP (crower). I need opinions.

Thanks

buschpoweredstroker

Reaction score
why coat the inside of the pan? rust starts on the outside, that's where i would clean up and coat.... for the cost of a new pan, and the pita factor, i would replace it if you have rust bubbles coming through on the inside.... i wouldn't get a cheaper aftermarket pan though.... had bad luck with one, not worth the chance go OE

Homesteader

Reaction score
Well I think I'm good on the pan my 99 had the rust but the one I'm using on the build seem good. I had on spot but it doest look to be rust. It looks like its part of the pan or when it was made because its to perfect.
Here is a pic:
2532873d.jpg

Ok. now back to the valve springs. Anyone wanna share?

buschpoweredstroker

Reaction score
i'm running shimmed 910's with smith bros pushrods... work fine with 238-200s, s476, 200 shot of nitrous, and water injection.... how big ya gonna go?

Homesteader

Reaction score
i'm running shimmed 910's with smith bros pushrods... work fine with 238-200s, s476, 200 shot of nitrous, and water injection.... how big ya gonna go?

After talking to some vendors and members on valve springs they said comp 910's will do. Hard to beat the price of the 910's though.
Anyone else wanna share what they have?

I'm going 300/200's

Big Bore

Reaction score
Even if they are proberly shimmed

Seems to me you can only shim so far before you cause spring bind. In my opinion, and that's not by any stretch authoritative, 910's are great for 40 psi and below (based on math which is seat pressure minus boost pressure equals seat pressure under boost) but above that you better go beehives.

I'm certainly open to other interpretations or possible cons of using higher seat pressure springs, but that is my current belief, and Comp beehives are not much more expensive than 910's.

JDub

Reaction score
We install new pickup tubes in all our motorbuilds. They are included in our main stud girdle kits...

Homesteader

Reaction score
We install new pickup tubes in all our motorbuilds. They are included in our main stud girdle kits...

JDud are the pickup tubes from ford? I had to order one from ford . It seems they used some sort of solder on the joint compared to the original where it looked to be just tack welded.

Homesteader

Reaction score

JDub on the pickup tubes,do you guys or anyone else do this mod to the hood of the oil pickup tube?

96559af1.jpg

Homesteader

Reaction score
Well got some parts ordered now I need some insite on dual hpop. Im thinking of going terminator dual hpop does anyone want to share any experiences.

Thanks

Homesteader

Reaction score
Got my head studs today. What is the procedure to do the studs with the heads on. I have the motor on a stand. Some say do it one at a time. Also should there be lube used on the studs? Which lube?

Thanks

moose99psd

Reaction score
after running twin hpops id go witha big single.. they take up a ton of room and are a pita to work on.. and if you need into the valley for any reason forget about it...

Homesteader

Reaction score
after running twin hpops id go witha big single.. they take up a ton of room and are a pita to work on.. and if you need into the valley for any reason forget about it...

Ok not saying I wont go with dual hpop, but what big single would you go with?

TARM

Reaction score
Apparently the SRP1 is even keeping up with a set of 400/400s on Nate's Blue Flare Side compounded F350.

Latest posts

Members online