pulling my hair out with gen3 icp drop.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
Ok so on my personal junk 7.3 I'm having a icp issue that is driving me crazy. It hasn't moved from the back of the shop in a while. But at WOT I'm having a pressure drop to like 1800psi. It does have twin ipr's mounted in a remote block. But at rudy's when I realized it was loosing major icp we swapped it back to a single at the hotel and it was still way down. I know for a fact that it isn't a leak in the heads. I've run it with the covers off and had the injectors reworked by tim. Also air checked the heads. I've also gone over the wiring with a fine tooth comb and no it isn't the tunning happens no matter what tune I'm running. My thinking is I need to look into the pumps closer. I would love to get this **** box to run like it should. Any thoughts? Maybe the stock pump is dead?

Layson

Reaction score
Take it off and run it with the stock pump. My friend had some issues with his gen3 and we had to swap it a couple times to figure it out. His had a bad gen3 pump. Would not start when it was hot.

mandkole

Reaction score
^^ id agree with this based on what you said. Sounds like you've sealed the rails, eliminated any valve leakage, so it takes you to the pump. It must not be moving good volume or has internal leakage--have you tried deadheading it to see if it builds / holds pressure quickly?

What about tuning-- a high ramp command that it cant keep up with?

On your 200s, the stock 17 should support a pretty decent file up to 2.5ms or so.

David N

Reaction score
What has swamps said? Usually they are pretty good with customer support if you bought it from them.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
it's second hand. the serial number is pretty early so it's older. I'm going to pull it off and open the pump up.

Layson

Reaction score
Swamps will still help you out even if you didn't buy it from them.

njjeep

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the model # is of the haldex pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Layson

Reaction score
Well they did for my friend. I know it is a complete PITA to get through to them on the phone.

Then quite honestly sometimes the people you talk to there don't want to talk to you either....LOL I was going to buy something from them and called to talk about it and the dude didn't want to talk to me and even was having a conversation with someone in his office while he was talking to me....LOL If you can get through to Dave you are good, but I am not sure on anyone else...LOL I know Dave answers PM's on here and is pretty active. Golfer is his name on here. He is great to deal with.

But they did go through the pump for him. First they tried a new seal, then they ended up just replacing the pump. It wasn't free but I didn't expect it to be either.

cbf9703

Reaction score
Well they did for my friend. I know it is a complete PITA to get through to them on the phone.

Then quite honestly sometimes the people you talk to there don't want to talk to you either....LOL I was going to buy something from them and called to talk about it and the dude didn't want to talk to me and even was having a conversation with someone in his office while he was talking to me....LOL

This is no joke.

A lot of shops struggle with customer service, especially on the phone. Dave can be a good guy. Otherwise you probably end up talking to Jonathan, Johnny in the engine room, or whoever lost the bet in the shop and had to answer the phone. LOL

OP- I'd still call them and see what they say. Best of luck with it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

superpsd

Reaction score
Most of the aftermarket vendors are pretty short to the point and I always feel as if they don't have the time in a day to talk to you. I guess that probably understandable as well as most of them are likely extremely busy dealing with multiple projects and customers on a daily basis.

cbf9703

Reaction score
Most of the aftermarket vendors are pretty short to the point and I always feel as if they don't have the time in a day to talk to you. I guess that probably understandable as well as most of them are likely extremely busy dealing with multiple projects and customers on a daily basis.
And some just don't like talking to people. :shrug:

Trust me when I say that with the utmost respect for the level of patience it takes to deal with some of the people who call, but also knowing a few of them better than I care to admit some days. LOL

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BS Hauler

Reaction score
Is it possible that your LPOP is not quite keeping up or you are getting a little aeration in the oil. Just thinking outside the box.

Latest posts

Members online